Say No to Drugs!
by Nathan Roman
Smoking, drinking, and other drugs affect the body in negative ways.
Discover the truth below.
- a highly addictive stimulant found in tobacco that is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream when smoked.
- is typically smoked in cigarettes or cigars.
- it's as addictive as heroine and cocaine.
- hysical effects include rapid heartbeat, increased blood pressure, shortness of breath, and increased risk of cough and colds.
- users have an increased risk for lung diseases like lung cancer, heart disease, and stroke.
- is created when grains, fruits, or vegetables are fermented.
- is a depressant, which means it slows the function of the central nervous system.
- is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to buy alcohol in the US.
- can cause people to lose their coordination and slur their speech. They can become confused and disoriented.
- is a shredded, green-brown mix of dried flowers, stems, and leaves from the plant Cannabis sativa.
- the main chemical in marijuana is THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol) which affects the nerves of the brain that govern sensory perception and pleasure.
- it can cause difficulty thinking, problems with memory, loss of coordination, and disorientation.
- is a white powder that comes from the dried leaves of the coca plant, which is found in South America.
- is inhaled or snorted through the nose or injected into a vein. Crack is smoked in a pipe.
- is a stimulant, which means that it produces a fast, intense feeling of power and energy.
- makes the heart beat faster and can cause high blood pressure and fever.
- is so dangerous that using it just once can cause a heart attack, stroke, or even death.