What is toxoplasmosis?
- A parasite
- Can't be passed from person-person
- Only passed Animal-Human except for Mother-Child
- Mostly passed by cats
- It can be treated!
- Can come back more than once
Testing and Treatment
- Freeze and cook at meat at safe temperatures/peel or wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly
- Wash anything that has came in contact with raw meat/avoid drinking dirty water
- Keep sandboxes covered when not using/keep cat litter boxes clean (Pregnant women should not clean)
- Eating uncooked contaminated meat/not washing hand or anything that touched raw meat
- Cats pass it on after eating infected rodents, birds, and other small animals
- Pregnant women may have miscarriage or a stillborn baby