March 22, 2016 SPRING ????
A Peek At The Week
The new trimester began last week with centers that included skip counting by 10’s, making shamrock CVC words, a story re-telling, and a new book at the reading center. Spring began Sunday, but yesterday looked more like winter! We continue to tally the number of “lamb” and “lion” days but unfortunately we have too many lion days. However, I am confident spring will come! We definitely need “lamb” days. We are also working very hard to complete our informational books about Penguins. With all the research we have done we are Penguin “EXPERTS” and GREAT writers! Looking forward to Wakefield Hills Storytellers Night!
We also had a surprise visit from a “Wee” little man last week who left us some MAGIC juice. We followed his directions and when we added water and a few magic drops of the secret ingredient it turned GREEN. Everyone agreed to have a drink and we were all happy we didn’t turn green. He also left us munchkins with a note that said he was very proud of us because we did such a good job during the evacuation. I am very proud of the students too! They were outstanding! We never did see the leprechaun, but we were glad he came.
WOW! Third trimester already. It does not seem possible that we have only have one trimester left before “our” kindergarteners become first graders. (After our time together, Mrs. Romano and I feel they have become our children and they are all very special) We will work very hard writing narrative stories, reading and listening to more complex texts both fiction and non-fiction, math will include 3-D shapes, additions and subtraction, decomposition of numbers,(how many ways to make a number) and place value. Wakefield Hills Storytellers’ Night is April 7th, 6:30 at West Warwick High School.
Parent conferences are March 30th. Conferences forms went home on Friday. If a conference was requested, please return the form as soon as possible.
Reminders and Suggestions
1. March is the final month for the Pizza Hut “Book It” program. Coupons can be redeemed until May 1st.
2. Continue to save the General Mills box tops.
3. Please check the Magic Book every night. Look for school notices and review all daily work.
4. March 28th, report cards.
5. Marvelous Marvin's Health Circus Extravaganza Family Night, March 29th, 6:30.
5. March 30th, parent conferences, 1/2 day of school.
6. Kindergarten registration for 2016/2017 school year will take place on Saturday, April 2nd, 9:00-12:00, and Monday- Friday April 4th-8th, 9:00-1:00 each day.
7. March 25th, NO School, Good Friday
8. Literacy Celebration at West Warwick High School, April 7th 6:30.
9. Storyteller’s books on display in the West Warwick Library during spring vacation.
Have a Happy Easter,