OPA Libraries Newsletter
August & September 2017
- We want to incorporate the Give 'Em Five model from the Responsibility Centered Discipline into the library's curriculum, discipline, & collection development.
- We want to introduce and implement our Library Expectations as well as supporting the other school-wide expectations.
- We want to support Utah State Core Curriculum & School-wide Initiatives by collaborating with teachers & staff and through collection development.
Topics covered in August
- Introduction to the school library
- Introductiom to Online Catalog
- Back to school
- Book Care & Library Care
Topics covered in September:
- Fiction vs. Nonfiction
- Finding fiction on the shelf
- Finding Nonfiction
- Fall Books
Ask the librarian for your username and password to access your account.
Utah's Online Library
The librarian has bookmarks with the home access username and password if you want to use this from home.
Featured Technology: Padlet
Elementary Top Checked Out Titles
Elementary Statistics by Patron Type
Elementary Statistics by Grade Level
Jr. High Top Checked Out Titles
Jr. High Statistics by Patron Type
Jr. High Statistics by Grade Level
Elementary School Library
Mon. Oct. 16 - Thurs. Oct. 19
Mon., Tues., Wed. 7:30-8:00 am
Mon. - Tues. 2:45-4:30 pm
Wed. 12:45 - 8:00 pm
Thurs. 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Check out the clubs website for more information on library hosted clubs like Yoga & book clubs as well as other clubs and sports available at OPA.
Jr. High Book Tastings
We will be featuring a different genre each month. Our first genre in September was Adventure. The next Book Tasting will be October 24th from 3 to 4 pm in the Jr. High Library and will be about Fantasy.