Holiday Concert Dance Practice
- Tuesday, December 3
- Friday, December 6
- Wednesday, December 11
- Friday, December 13
Next Week's Events
Monday, December 2
- Welcome back!!
Tuesday, December 3
- Dance practice; 8:30 in LLC
- Kathy @ K-12 Principal Meeting in SSC in a.m.
- Google Docs Lunch & Learn additional session (12:10 in LLC p.m.; bring your lunch!)
- ELL Tutoring; 3:30 p.m. in LLC
- (Daisy Scouts; 3:30 p.m. in Art Room)
Wednesday, December 4
- Staff meeting; 8:30 a.m. in LLC
- Math walk-throughs in a.m.
- ELL Tutoring; 3:30 p.m. in LLC
- (Girl Scouts; 3:30 in Music Room)
Thursday, December 5
- Battle of the Books; 8 a.m. in LLC
- Kathy @ Longfellow for math walk-throughs in p.m.
- (Girl Scouts; 6-7 p.m. in Art Room)
- (Cub Scouts; 7 p.m. in Multi-Purpose Room)
Friday, December 6
- Dance practice; 8:30 a.m. in LLC
- Chess Club; 3:30 p.m. in LLC
- (Brownies; 3:30-5 p.m. in Art Room)
- (Holiday Bazaar set-up in p.m.)
Saturday, December 7
Holiday Bazaar; 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Next Committee Meetings
Wellness Committee: Monday, December 16 @ 8:30 (Office conference room)
Instructional Team: Tuesday, December 17 @ 8:30 (LLC)
Behavior Task Force: 1/2 Day to be scheduled for December/January
Calendars: Scheduling Events
Long Term Planning
As we keep communication within school and with our parent community a priority, please communicate any important dates that parents may need to know. Please be thinking about special events that you or others in our building may host so we can plan for timely communication of those events.
- December 3- Northside Band Demonstration Concert @ Wheaton North; 7 p.m.
- December 4- District math walk-throughs in a.m.
- December 7- Holiday Bazaar
- December 11- Cook's Night Out @ Glen Ellyn Noodles & Company
- December 13- PTA Meeting; 9:30 a.m.
- December 16- Winter Concert
- February 7- Assembly in A.M. (Rope Warrior; 9:45-10:30 (3-5); 10:45-11:30 (K-2) (Requires use of gym & multi-purpose room)
- February 20- Cook's Night Out @ Chik-Fil-A
- May 3- Lowell 5K
- June 3- Discovery Day
Interested in pursuing a grant? Read here about an opportunity for the Junior League of Kane and DuPage counties. The deadline for application is January 15.
Bring Learning to Life with Grants from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources, in cooperation with the Illinois Conservation Foundation, offers two grants that can help you incorporate the outdoors into your curriculum.
The Schoolyard Habitat Action Grant program offers teachers the opportunity to apply for up to $1,000.00 each to develop or enhance wildlife habitat on the school grounds or other public place. Prairie plots, butterfly gardens, wetlands, outdoor classrooms, woodland plots, rain gardens and bird nesting-box trails are just some of the projects that have been developed by students with this funding source. All curriculum areas can be incorporated, and projects are particularly applicable to several of the performance expectations of the Next Generation Science Standards. Applications are due by November 30, 2013. Grants will be awarded in early February 2014. Funding for this program is provided by the Jadel Youth Fund, Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Foundation, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Partners for Fish and Wildlife Program and a grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The Illinois Biodiversity Field Trip Grant program allows teachers to take their students on a field trip to study some aspect of Illinois’ natural heritage. State parks, forest preserve districts, national forest sites, museums, nature centers and outdoor learning centers are just some of the qualifying destinations. The field trip destination must be in Illinois, and the trip must relate to the Illinois Learning Standards and classroom curriculum. Teachers can apply for up to $500.00 to be applied to transportation and substitute teachers. Grants will be awarded in mid-March 2014. The field trip must occur after the award of the grant and before December 31, 2014. The application deadline is January 31, 2014. Funding for this program is provided by the Independence Tube Corporation and the Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Foundation.
You can access the instructions and application forms for both grants at http://dnr.state.il.us/education/CLASSRM/grants.htm. Please note the “Frequently Asked Questions” and podcasts with tips to help you complete the application form. Make sure that you follow the instructions and complete the entire application form. Should you have any questions about the grants, please email@example.com or call 217-524-4126.