Plano Band Weekly Announcements
October 18-22, 2021
"There is no experience better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up." ~John Andrew Holmer
CONGRATULATIONS ON AN STUNNING, PASSIONATE, AND MOVING PERFORMANCE OF THE SWAN AT UIL ON SATURDAY!!! YOUR RELENTLESS PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE WAS ON FULL DISPLAY! ONWARD AND UPWARD TO AREA!!!!!
**All-Region registration is now open. Please visit the Plano Band website to register. Entry fee is $12. You may pay online OR via cash/check to the black box (put your name on payment envelope). Please complete registration info and payment ASAP.**
GOALS FOR THE WEEK
1. Learn new visuals for Area!!
2. Have laser-beam focus all week!!!!!
3. Inspire yourself and others through your work. Area is next week!!
EVENTS THIS WEEK
1. Marching Rehearsals:
- Monday, 4:30-6pm
- Tuesday, 4:30-6:30pm
- Thursday, 4:30-6pm
2. Section Leader Meeting, Tuesday 6:30
3. Sectionals/Masterclasses during class this week (NO PRIVATE LESSONS ON SECTIONAL DAYS)
- SYMPHONIC & WE – Tuesdays Woodwinds / Wednesdays Brass
- CONCERT 1 & 2 – Wednesdays
4. PDL Show Rehearsal, Wednesday, 4:30-6:30 (percussionists only)
5. Jazz Ensemble Performance @ Sweet Firefly Gourmet Ice Cream & Candied Treats, Wednesday 7pm.
6. Football Game #8 AWAY vs. PESH, Friday @ Kimbrough Stadium (no 7th period release)
- Uniform Rack Locations (Before & After Game): Woodwinds in Practice Rm Hallway; Brass & Percussion in Band Hall
- 4:15pm: change into performance dress (dri-fit shirt, white shorts, LONG black socks, marching shoes)
- 4:30pm: Load equipment
- 4:45pm: Dinner on porch
- 5:10pm: Change into FULL uniform - NO JEWELRY/HAIR UP!!!!!
- Carry shako box (w/poncho inside) & garment bag to bus
- 5:30pm: load buses
- 6:00pm: Exit bus in full uniform (Take shako box/instrument/go to stands - URGENCY!!!!)
- 7:00pm: Game start
- AFTER GAME:
- Unload Bus
- Check-in Uniform with Uniform Officers
- Get instrument from truck / Store in locker or take home
7. PDL Show Rehearsal, Saturday, 1-4pm (percussionists only)
DUE THIS WEEK
1. HONORS Band - Name of solo & composer to be performed at Solo/Ensemble contest - PAST DUE - ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE TYPED2. Instrument Usage Fee - $85 - PAST DUE (required for all students playing a school-owned instrument)
3. All-Region Band Audition Entries at www.pshsband.org AND $12 Entry fee - DUE NOW
- WE, SYM, CONC 1 - All-State Music Evaluation 2nd ½ Etude #1 – DUE Tues/Wed (6 Cumulative All-State Tests = Semester 2 Chair Placement)
- CONC 2 - Eb & Ab Clark Studies DUE Wed.
(6 Cumulative Scale, Arpeggio, Patterns Tests = Semester 2 Chair Placement)
- HONORS Band - Breezin Thru Theory Online Assignment - DUE Nov. 5 (login info on bulletin board in band hall AND attached)
- 1st Year Students: Ch. 4-10
- 2nd Year Students: Ch. 18-24
1. Marching Rehearsals for week of Oct. 25:
- Mon (10/25) 4:30-6pm
- Tues (10/26) 4:30-6:30pm
- Wed (10/27) 4:30-6:30pm
- Thurs (10/28), 4:30-6pm
2. Football Game #9 HOME vs. Flower Mound HS, Fri 10/29 @ Clark Stadium
3. UIL AREA C Marching Contest, Sat 10/30 @ Mesquite Memorial Stadium
- Performance time/itinerary - TBD
4. 2nd Trip Payment, $416.67 - DUE Nov. 1 ($1,666,67 Total in account)