ACE Newsletter: Summit 2019
July 30, 2019
Hello ACE Family!
We are so grateful to be entering our 5th year of ACE and are humbled by the successes you have achieved at your campuses. You have reinforced the belief that greatness is really about people --- "Great schools start with great people. No matter where you go, when you see students inspired to reach for their dreams, you invariably encounter a visionary leader, expert teachers, and dedicated support staff."
We are so excited about our focus this year on leadership with our motto for the year being, "Taking Off with Leadership!" We are going to create models of excellence where courageous leadership is the norm and we create campuses that are beacons of hope for their community, committed to equity for ALL. Where leaders foster a culture of community with inspiring relationships, high expectations, and growth mindset. Where teacher leaders carryout the campus mission with fervor and joy working side by side with their colleagues in complete trust and courage. Where students run into their school excited to begin a new day of learning and growing.
We know this will be an important year for us--a year that our "flywheel" takes off with unstoppable momentum! In the words of Brene Brown, "We are going to choose courage over comfort. Choose whole hearts over armor. And choose the great adventure of being brave and afraid. At the exact same time."
We look forward to this year of learning together!
-ACE Core Team
Chief Elizalde's quote of the week: “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”
~ Malcolm X
Taking Off with Leadership!
We cannot wait to see all ACE 2.0 & 3.0 Principals, Assistant Principals, Campus Instructional Coaches, and Teacher Leaders (Content, Sped, TAG Only) at the ACE Summit to kick off the 2019-2020 school year.
*Elective teacher leaders and counselors should contact their principal for directives on attendance.
Location: We have moved the Summit to Cesar Chavez Elementary with overflow parking available at Spence Middle School.
Time: August 1st 9:30 am-4:30 pm, August 2nd & 5th 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
Materials to Bring:
- Fully charged laptop
- Books: "Dare to Lead" by Brene Brown AND "The Leadership Challenge" by James Kouzes and Barry Posner (Both provided at end of year mixer)
Things to Know...
- ACE 2.0 Teachers and 3.0 Teacher Leaders will NOT receive PD hours for the time they work beginning August 1st as these are designated as ACE PD Days for personnel receiving the ACE stipend & signing bonus.
- Parking will be limited. Overflow parking with shuttle bus will be available at Spence Middle School (Car-pooling highly recommended).
- Lunch will be provided each day(see options above).
- Elective teacher leaders and counselors should contact their principal for directives on attendance.