Gonzalez Premier Express
Week of October 12, 2015
HOW DO WE MOVE THE NEEDLE IN OUR DAILY PRACTICE?
- As we plan to engage students in each one of our lessons, continue to think about the following question, “how do we elicit quality responses from students? especially the shy ones?”
- Analyzing and using common assessment data to help us determine areas of opportunity for our students. Create and implement an action plan to address those academic deficiencies.
- More student to student engagement tied to the LO. The implementation of hands-on items, such as index cards, sticky notes, white boards, graphic organizers and other tools will support our students in internalizing their knowledge.
Games to Make - Great resource for our Pre-K - 1st grade students
Thank you so much Mrs. Pier for sharing this resource and always trying to find different ways to present the information to our kids.
- Ms. Martinez and Mr. Willis for their support with our swimming program. Our students had a blast during their first session.
- Coach Crawford and Mr. Balbuena for leading our soccer teams and providing enrichment opportunities for our kids.
- Mrs. Blasingame, Mr. Evangelister, and Mrs. Buchannon for their support in building the whole child as they lead our Chess team, Choir, and Cheerleaders respectively.
- Ms. Cooray and Mr. Gonzalez-Perez for leading our Robotics teams. Our students are being exposed to real-life situations and challenged with the rigor of this program.
- Ms. Shelby and Ms. Ruiz for coordinating and supporting our parental involvement. We had a great turn out of parents for our Coffee with the Principal (see pictures below)
- Ms. Apilado and Mr. Mendez for attending the Best Practices Workshop: Data Driven-Decisions to support their RM implementation.
- 3rd - 5th grade teams for having the most parents represented during our Coffee with the Principal.
- After school Enrichment and Tutoring - Thank you so much for the collaboration that you are having among your grade level. There is a good representation of personnel in the cafeteria as well as in the dismissal areas. Please, continue to share with our students your expectations regarding behavior and academic performance.
Coffee with the Principal
We had representation from every grade level
3rd-5th grade teams
Had the most participation of parents in our Coffee with the Principal. Keep up the good work!!!
Let's continue to make use of our data and collaborate with each other to make adjustments to our instruction. Share your best practices among each other so that all of our students will benefit!!!
3rd-5th grade teams
- Book Fair arrives and setup
- Carlos will be on campus. Please, make sure you have submitted your technology tickets so that he may take care of your technology needs.
October 13 -
- Principal for a Day - We will have Deborah Perkins from Rabobank
October 14 -
- Weekly PLC Meetings - Literacy Library resources and classroom use.
Environmental Center Field Trip 3A,B,C
- Soccer game 4:30/5:30 Vs. Pleasant Grove @Crawford Park
October 15 -
Environmental Center Field Trip 3D,E,F
- Parent Conference Night - Resources are available in our “Staff” section of the website and some will be printed and placed in your boxes for your use
October 16 -
- Compliance Videos Due. See email sent on 8/27/15.
- Writing Composition Due - Ms. Edwards
DEADLINES/EVENTS COMING UP
- Professional Development day - No school for students
- Dealey Academy Chess Tournament.
- Red Ribbon Week
- Progress Repors go home - As a reminder, please update your Gradebooks at least once a week with a minimum of 2 grades/subject.
November 3 -
- Deadline to register for the 2015 ACP Fall Film Festival - To register visit https://assessment.dallasisd.org/
New SLOs for teachers impacted by leveling must be submitted by October 23
Teachers whose assignments are impacted by leveling must create a new SLO that aligns to their new teaching assignment and student population. Here are some helpful resources.
Distinguished Teacher Review Criteria & Application Training
Criteria: DTR intends to identify around the top 20 percent of teachers across the district. For this reason, the top 25 percent of teachers from every teacher category who meet the additional criteria were invited to apply.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Ms. Maribel Herrera
Wishing you the very best!!!
Ms. Clark - October 17