Jaguar Band Newsletter
Your Place for JHS Jaguar Band News
important Summer Notes
Open Band Hall
Throughout the summer, the band hall will be open from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. unless otherwise indicated on the calendar. All band students are encouraged to come to the band hall to practice, particularly percussion and front ensemble students who do not have their instruments at home. Many private lesson teachers will teach in the Johnson band hall this summer. Please know that the band hall being open does not mean directors are available to help.
Guard members: Please keep an eye out for Spin Days at JHS! We will be working on getting dates in the gym for you to practice your skills. We will also be offering days for strength training and improving flexibility/stretching.
Important Summer Events
Please check out the "What's Happening This Month" and "Save These Dates" sections below.
Jag Swag TMF Store
Please visit the Jag Swag TMF store. It closes automatically June 6, 2022. This is where you order compression shirts, replacement items for summer uniforms and the "not-required-but-highly-recommended" band or guard duffel bag. This is the time to purchase them if you would like them before the fall marching season starts.
If you are a NEW (aka ROOKIE) parent or a veteran parent who finds reminders helpful, see the ROOKIE parent section below for everything you need to know about Summer Band!
WE NEED YOU!
We need all band and guard parents to sign-up to volunteer. There are many different needs and many different ways to volunteer. Click here to volunteer!
All Band and Guard families: Please don't forget to pay your 2022 - 23 Fees
Fees are used to help purchase summer and competition uniforms! Please visit our website to pay 2022 - 23 Band, Guard and School Instrument Fees. We have been able to maintain the same guard fees as last year. RevTrak will go live later this week so that guard families can pay. Please keep an eye out!
WHAT'S HAPPENING THIS MONTH (JUNE 2022)
Graduation--REQUIRED for Wind Ensemble & Wind Symphony Underclassmen (6 - 9:30 p.m. @ Strahan Arena)
Summer Band Jam #1 (5 - 9 p.m. @ JHS Band Hall)
*Parent volunteers will be needed to assist with providing dinner!)
June 21 - 22
Student Leadership Team (SLT) Camp (9 a.m. - 3 p.m. @ JHS Band Hall)
The Breakdown Camp (Beginning 4 p.m. June 21 @ JHS)
Check out the Jaguar Band featured on their home page! https://thebreakdowncamp.com/
This camp is FREE for all JHS incoming 9th - 12th grade band and guard students. The $300 per student fee is paid by the JHS Band.
June 24 - July 9
Band Hall Closed
The Breakdown Camp
4 p.m. June 21 @ JHS
This camp is FREE for all JHS incoming 9th - 12th grade band and guard students. The $300 per student fee is covered by the JHS Band.
Rookie Parents (and those of us who need a friendly reminder!)
- Registration links Refer to Tracye’s email but included registration items can be found on our website here: (its in 2 places - under “I Want To…… See Documents & Resources" https://www.johnsonbands.com/documents-resources AND under “I Am A ….. Parent”, “Required Documents" https://www.johnsonbands.com/info-and-forms-2022-2023
- Rank One forms (only do one time for both athletics and band)
- Parent Information Form
- 8 Hour UIL Form
- Physical (requires dr signature) Email to Tracye prior to start of summer band.
- Uniforms and Spirit Gear
- Note - Freshman receive as part of their Rookie Package the following items: Black Band Polo, Khaki shorts, marching shoes, white dry fit shirt, black dry fit compression sleeveless shirt, ½ gallon water jug
- Replacement marching shoes are available for order until June 6th. Check yours to see if they still fit and are in good condition or order new ones one (returning members must purchase): https://hayscisd.revtrak.net/Campuses-and-Instruction-1013/Middle-Schools-and-High-Schools/johnson-high-school/jhs-music/jhs-band/#/v/JHS---Band--Replacement-Marching-Shoes-1723
- Additional uniform item pieces (for extras or new sizes for returning students) are available for order until June 6th in our TMF JAG SWAG Store. https://stores.inksoft.com/Johnsonhsband/shop/home
- All students - duffle bags for band and guard are highly recommended (they are not included in rookie package). Order in our TMF JAG SWAG Store. https://stores.inksoft.com/Johnsonhsband/shop/home
- Band/Guard specific and select Jaguar spirit gear items are available in the TMF Jag Swag Store through June 6th. Additional items with limited inventory are available in our Booster store for immediate delivery. New/additional items available beginning at summer band. https://www.johnsonbands.com/spirit-gear
- Get Involved in Your Booster Program
- Complete our Committee Interest Form to be informed on upcoming committee meetings as they begin: https://form.jotform.com/221345018736150
- Join the Band Boosters: https://www.johnsonbands.com/product-page/2022-2023-booster-membership
- Stay Connected throughout summer
- Find copies of our Jaguar Band Newsletters at: https://www.johnsonbands.com/newsletter
- Check out our website at https://www.johnsonbands.com/
- Find out how to sync the band calendar with your own calendar at: https://www.johnsonbands.com/calendar
- Follow us on Facebook at @johnsonjaguarband
- Follow us on Instagram at johnsonhsband
Jag Band & Guard Photos
how do i support johnson jaguar band?
Join the Johnson Jaguar Band Boosters!
Subscribe to Fly a Flag! Show your National Pride AND support the Johnson High School Band! The Johnson Band Boosters are offering a US Flag Subscription service! For national holidays a 3’ x 5’ flag on a pole will be placed in your front yard. The flags will be installed at least one day before the holiday and will be removed after the holiday (length of display will vary depending on when the holiday occurs). A one-year subscription to the Fly A Flag Program is $52. At this time, this service is only being offered in the Johnson High School attendance zone.
SHOP!Amazon Smile: Support the Johnson Jaguar Band & Guard by shopping at Amazon Smile!
Scrip Gift Cards: Shop gift cards from 750+ top brands like Amazon, HEB, Starbucks, Walmart, Home Depot and the band program earns on things you buy!
Corporate Sponsorship: Corporate sponsorships are a fantastic way for local businesses to support the Jaguar Band AND raise awareness about your company in our community. . There are several different levels of sponsorship available each with its own unique incentives. Download our brochure or click on the image to explore the various tax-deductible options available.
how do i stay connected?
Students, text the phrase @jagsmarch to 81010.
Parents, text the phase @jagbandpts to 801010.
Register for Band Emails: Make sure you and your student are in our Charms system.
Volunteer: All volunteers in Hays CISD must sign up here first. THEN, join a Johnson Jaguar Band Booster Committee! Join a Committee; help with Game Days, Competitions or the Jaguar Jog; volunteer with our Fly a Flag program.