Edwards FAB FAIRE May 14th!
Highlighting student creativity, technology, and innovation!
Makey Makeys, Littlebits, Modular Robotics, and Squishy Circuits??? OH....and Legos too!
We are hosting our first ever FAB FAIRE at Edwards on Thursday, May 14th. This is a chance for all community members, parents, and peers to observe the amazing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Computer Projects that students in grades 1-5 will be working on the last 8 - 10 weeks of the year. Their projects are all based upon learning tools we are including in our developing Edwards Makers Space. Each project includes a research component in which students must find more information in order to complete their projects. Here is what each grade will be investigating:
- First Graders have been challenged to create a marble run with recycled materials.
- Second graders are recycling with cardboard based on the World Global Cardboard Challenge and Caine's Arcade.
- Third graders are working with Scratch programming and Makey Makeys as well as Squishy Circuits.
- Fourth Grades are working with Circuitry projects using Littlebits.
- Fifth Grades are working with Modular Robotics using Cubelets and Moss kits.
- ALSO, our Junior First Lego League teams will be on hand to present their Challenge Projects to all visitors. Our teams have been working hard to research ways and places we learn and present their information using Legos.
We are super excited about these amazing learning projects and cannot wait to share what they are able to accomplish.
EDWARDS ELEMENTARY FAB FAIRE
Thursday, May 14th, 5:30-7:30pm
820 Miller Avenue
No admission. Come and go as you are able.