Bertram Family Connection
April 11, 2022
- April 11-22: PreK and Kindergarten Registration for 2022-2023 school year (see below for details)
- April 12: Kindergarten Field Trip
- Thursday, April 14: Last Day of the 5th 6 Weeks
- Friday, April 15: No School - Staff & Student Holiday
- Monday, April 18: No School for Students
- Tuesday, April 19: Universal Screening for Dyslexia of all Kindergarten Students Begins (see below)
- Thursday, April 21: Coffee with the Superintendent - 7:30am at the Parent Resource Center in Burnet
- Thursday, April 21: 5th 6 Weeks Report Card posted in Skyward
- April 26: Last General PTO meeting for 21-22 - Election of Officers (see below)
- Saturday April 30th: PTO Playdate for student in PreK or Kindergarten for the 22-23 school year (see below)
Third Grade Business Fair Success!
2nd Grade Swimming @ YMCA Highland Lakes!
Kindergarten Universal Screening for Dyslexia
Texas Education Code (§38.003) mandates that all Kindergarten students be screened for dyslexia and related disorders no later than May 25, 2022. The screening is designed to ensure that all students are appropriately screened, and if necessary, are evaluated further so that reading difficulties will be addressed in a timely manner. The results from the screening will be used to guide instruction at the classroom level, shared with you, and used to determine if additional interventions are required for your student.
Burnet Consolidated Independent School District
Estimado Padre o Guardián:
El Código de Educación en Tejas (§38.003) ordena que todos los alumnos de Kinder sean examinados para la dislexia y otros trastornos relacionados no más tarde que el 25 de mayo de 2022. La evaluación está diseñada para garantizar que todos los estudiantes sean examinados adecuadamente y, si es necesario, se evalúen más para que las dificultades de lectura se aborden de manera oportuna. Los resultados de la evaluación se utilizarán para guiar la instrucción a nivel del aula, se compartirán con usted, y se utilizarán para determinar si se requieren intervenciones adicionales para su estudiante.
Distrito Escolar Independiente Consolidado de Burnet
This year all yearbook sales will be done online through the BCISD School Store. Yearbooks are $20. This includes tax.
To order your yearbook, please click here.
Yearbooks will be delivered to students once they arrive in late May.
End Of Year PTO Meeting - April 26th
Our final General PTO Meeting of the year is April 26th. At this meeting, we will be electing PTO Board Officers for positions with resignation or expired terms. For the 2022-2023 school year, we are seeking candidates for PTO President, PTO Communications Secretary, and PTO Parliamentarian. Below are the responsibilities of each position. If you are interested, please email BertramBulldogPTO@gmail.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the ballot.
The President will:
- Serve as the official representative of the PTO
- Develop meeting agendas and coordinate presenters at Executive Board meetings
- Preside at special and Executive Board meetings
- Coordinate the work of the campus and board members in order to promote the objectives of the PTO
- Cast the deciding vote in the event of a tie at special and Executive Board meetings
The Communications Secretary will:
- Receive and inform the PTO of all relevant communications
- Create and distribute all PTO related literature/flyers as appropriate to the community to be approved by the Board and Alicia Harris, Principal
- Publicize PTO general meetings by creating and distributing reminders and ensuring signs are posted prior to meetings
- Maintain bulletin board with updated information
- Help keep Facebook page updated and other media outlets
- Arrange for Publicity Posters for all PTO events
The Parliamentarian will:
- shall act as a consultant to assure that meetings and processes are conducted in accordance with bylaws
- advise on parliamentary procedures using Robert’s Rules of Order;
- bring current copy of By-Laws to all meetings.
2nd Grade Swimming Lessons Start March 22
In March and April, our 2nd grade students will experience 6 swimming lessons at the YMCA in Burnet.
Ms. Arrasmith and Ms. Guffey will attend March 22-24 and March 29-31. Ms. Lough's class will attend April 5-7 and April 12-14.
Teachers has sent classroom specific information to their homeroom classes.
PreK and Kindergarten Round-Up for the 22-23 School Year
Transportation Changes Information Reminders
Our school is growing and it is important that everyone know and follow the transportation change process.
- If your child has a change in transportation, please email email@example.com by 1:30 pm. This includes daily changes and permanent changes. Please indicate in your email if the change is just for today or if it is for every day.
- At 1:30 pm, this email box is checked for a final time and all changes will be made.
- After 1:30 pm, we print the transportation lists for teachers and dismissal staff.
- No changes will be accepted after this time.
- If you have an emergency, you may call and speak to Mrs. Harris about the situation and we will work together to support your student.
- Voicemails, notes, text messages, phone calls, and emails to any other email address are not acceptable changes of transportation and will not be processed.
- We do not accept transportation changes from students. Parents and guardians must communicate any changes by using the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
Birthday Treats & Forgotten Lunches
Birthday celebrations are reserved for the last 15 minutes of the day. Please communicate with your child's teacher if you intend to send in treats. They will be able to let you know the specific time.
If your child forgets their lunch, you may drop it off at the office. If your child does not have a lunch at lunchtime, they will be served a free hot lunch.
Bertram Elementary School
- 7:15am Student Drop Off/ Breakfast
- 7:25am Office Opens
- 7:40am School Begins
- 7:45am Students arriving after this time are marked tardy
- 9:00am Students not in attendance are marked absent
- 1:30pm Any transportation changes DUE, please email: email@example.com
- 2:30pm All Early Checkouts must be complete - Remember to bring your picture ID to complete early check out
- 3:20pm Student Dismissal
- 3:45pm Office/School Closes