By: Jason Noor - Biography
- He met his first fiance while wounded in a hospital
- His first fiance left him for another man.
- Ernest Hemingway had an affair, with his later second wife, that resulted in his first divorce.
- He enjoyed big-game hunting in Africa.
- He often deep-sea fished off the coast of Florida.
- At one point in time he was a Spanish bull-fighter.
- Ernest Hemingway was present at D-day.
- He survived multiple plane crashes.
- He was an ambulance driver that picked up human remains in WWI.
- He was wounded by a mortar shell in WWI.
- Ernest Hemingway's mother dressed him as a girl because she wanted a daughter.
- During D-day he threw three hand grenades into a bunker, killing several SS officers.
- He had four wives.
- He only had children with his first two wives.
- His nickname was Papa.
- Hemingway's cats had six-toes on each foot.
- His son Patrick is the only son of three alive to this date.
- He dedicated a book for each wife during the time they were married.
- Key West, Florida has a look-a-like contest in honor of him every year.
- Ernest Hemingway wanted this epitaph on his tombstone: "Pardon me for not getting up" (it was not used).
Mini BIO - Ernest Hemingway