What's Computing At EHMS?
Grades 6, 7, and 8 Computer Technology Classes
General Information about Computer Technology Classes
- This class is a paperless class. All materials, study guides, and homework assignments can be found on Google Classroom. If students DO NOT have access to technology at home, accommodations will be made at school.
- Curriculum has been developed according to the ISTE National Technology Standards.
- Students and parents can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grade 6 Curriculum
- Students will start the quarter off learning the importance of correct keyboarding technique.
- Next, students will learn about the history of computers, common computer terminology, and computer care and safety.
- Students will wrap up the quarter with tutorials on Google Docs
- Students will also use the website Code.org to learn the foundations of computer science. Students will take part in a self-directed, self-paced course during the quarter that focuses on:
Societal impacts of computing
Students should use the same usernames as they have in class. Most usernames are lastnamefirstname (ex. lafaillemrs) and their password is "ehms"
Every student in every school should have the opportunity to learn computer science.
Grade 7 Curriculum
- New Internet Terminology
- How to Search the Internet Effectively
- How to Evaluate Websites
The second half of the quarter will be focuses on Digital Citizenship rules to follow. Students will learn about the following:
- Password Protection
- Email Safety
- Copyright Rules
- Computer Viruses and Phishing Scams
- Interactions with Strangers Online
Grade 8 Curriculum
- Create a persuasive commercial for a product they have created. They will use Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 to create their commercial.
- Learn the basics of Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet programs. Students will run a pretend business and keep track of their business data, and create charts based on their data in Excel.