Badminton fitness work out
By: Autumn hellenbrand
Drills and stations
• mat workouts
• shuffle lung and hit
How to do the activities
- Ladder is when you can do four activities you can do high knees, touch foot in every square ,step in every other square, and the icky shuffle. For those activities they can help with becoming faster with your feet on the court.
- mat workout, workout is when you do 10 push-ups 10 crunches 10 bicycles and those can help with your core and your upper body strength during the game it will help with, good muscle/ arm strength hitting the shuttlecock over when hitting far.
- slide shuffles, slide shuffles can help when you put 10 cones out in the shape of a rectangle and move one to the other ,they can help move your feet fast on the court when you're moving one inside of the court to the other side of the court when trying to hit the shuttlecock back over to your opponent .
- shuffle lung and hit , is when you need to stretch out far to hit the shuttlecock back
over to your oppenet,if you could not move as fast to get to the ball to
Hit the shuttlecock back over. It helps to practice this, when you have a starting cone and shuffle to one cone and then lung and hit the shuttlecock over, the net to your opponent.
- flexability, flexibility is always great to do, in practice or before a game because, it is good to be streched,you want to be able to touch your toes and bold for ten seconds ,and stretch out your leg muscles because one shuffling/running in the game you want your muscles to be a loose so they don't tight and hurt after or the next day. You also can do arm stretching like pull your arm over to one side of your body and hole for 10 seconds and do the opposite arm .
Steps and reps
-ladder,-2sets -3 Resl
-mat workout,-3- sets 10-reps
-slide shuffle 2-sets 4- reps
-shuffle lung and hit 3-sets 2-5 reps
-flexability 2-sets 4- reps