EQ: Is child labor ever necessary?
- Child labor has been a commaon tread all throughout history
- Nearly 28 million chidren around the world are forced to work
- Children as young as 6 work hours as long as 16 hours a day
- Most of these children are treated very poorley and do very dangerous jobs
- Some laws were put into place, like Britain's Factiory Act of 1802, but most countires, especially India, dont listen to these laws
The Dangers of Child Labor
- Exposure to pestitside
- The children have to carry heavey loads
- Lots of injuries
- No wages
- Minimal food and shleter
- At risk of asult and abuse
- Exposes children to harmful chemicals and there are mostly bad working conditions
- The exposure to dust in the air can lead to lung damage
- all of the stiches and sewing that is put into the soccer ball causes joint problems in the kids fingers
This is a photograph of children rug weaving.
Why the kids need and have to work
- Some children have to work because with only their parents salery it's not enough
- Children working brings in more money for the family
The benefit of us
- The prduction of goods made by children actually benefits us because half the products we use are made by children
- Without child labor we wouldn't have the things that we do
My answer to the EQ:
Berehulak, Daniel. N.d. CBC/Radio-Canada. Web. 11 Dec. 2014. <http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/content/images/96300941.jpg>
Bhandari, Bibek. "No Life for a Child: The Grim Reality of Nepal's Child Laborers." CNN. Cable News Network, 01 Jan. 1970. Web. 10 Dec. 2014.
"Child Labor." Opposing Viewpoints Online Collection. Detroit: Gale, 2014. Opposing Viewpoints in Context. Web. 4 Dec. 2014
Kessel, Jonah M. N.d. Jonah M. Kessel. Web. 15 Dec. 2014. <http://blog.jonahkessel.com/2011/03/02/child_labor/>.
McKenzie, David, and Brent Swails. "Child Slavery and Chocolate: All Too Easy to Find." The CNN Freedom Project Ending ModernDay Slavery RSS. N.p., 19 Jan. 2012. Web. 05 Dec. 2014.
Melnick, Lindsay. "Gasp! The Benefits Of Child Labor In The Developing World." Triple Pundit RSS. TriplePundit LLC, 5 Dec. 2010. Web. 10 Dec. 2014.
Pirozzi, Giacomo. N.d. Http://www.unicef.org/. Web. 16 Dec. 2014. <http://www.eco-bravo.ca/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/goodweave-prevents-child-labor-1.jpg>
"The Scourge of Child Labor in India." ABC News. ABC News Network, n.d. Web. 04 Dec. 2014.
Stock, Stephen. "Child Labor: Small Hands Legally Picking Our Food." NBC News. N.p., 3 Aug. 2012. Web. 05 Dec. 2014.