Effects on Health
- Aggravated cardiovascular and respiratory illness
- Added stress to heart and lungs, which must work harder to supply the body with oxygen
- Damaged cells in the respiratory system
Long-term exposure to polluted air can have permanent health effects:
- Accelerated aging of the lungs
- Loss of lung capacity
- Decreased lung function
- Development of diseases such as asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, and possibly cancer
- Shortened life span
Effects on Environment
Effects on Economy
Reducing AIR Pollution for the average citizen
2. Walk or ride a bike when possible.
3. Take public transportation.
4. Organize and condense errands into one trip.
5. When driving, accelerate gradually and obey the speed limit.