Gallatin High Update
Week of October 3-8, 2022
It's Homecoming Week at Gallatin High. This year's theme is Jurassic Park. Students are encouraged to participate in dress up days throughout the week to show their school spirit.
Other events this week include:
- Friday morning - Senior sunrise
- Friday - Pep assembly (schedule here)
- Friday - Tailgate at Van Winkle Stadium parking lot, 5pm
- Friday - Football game, 7pm
- Saturday - Dance at GHS, 8-11pm (enter through East C-wing doors)
The Week Ahead
Monday, October 3
- Safari dress up day
- Soccer at Billings Senior, Girls-3pm, Boys, 5pm
Tuesday, October 4
- Bikers vs. Surfers dress up day
- Jostens rep at GHS, 10am-2pm for cap/gown ordering
- Volleyball at Belgrade, 7pm
Wednesday, October 5
- Adam Sandler dress up day
- Blood Drive all day
Thursday, October 6
- Class color dress up day
- Volleyball vs. Billings West, 7pm
- Cross Country in Helena
- Soccer at Great Falls High, Girls-,3pm Boys-5pm
Friday, October 7
- Blue/Black dress up day
- Pep assembly
- Tailgate, 5pm at VanWinkle parking lot
- Football vs. Belgrade, 7pm
Saturday, October 8
- Soccer vs. CMR, Girls-12pm, Boys-2pm
- Homecoming Dance, 8-11pm, at GHS (Black gym, enter through the east parking lot)
Other Upcoming Dates
- School Pictures - Retakes are October 28th
- Thanksgiving Break – November 23-25
- Winter Break – December 17, 2022 - January 1, 2023
- Finals Week - January
- Spring Break – March 13-17
- Prom – Saturday, April 15
- Graduation – Saturday, June 3, 10:00 a.m.
The GHS Class of 2023!
Caps and Gowns
- Link to order
- Orders can also be placed in person on Tuesday, October 4, 10am-2pm at GHS
- Jostens met with the GHS Class of 2023 last week and important information was handed out. Please ask your senior for their information packet.
- Senior photo submission deadline, November 30th
- Senior baby ad submission deadline, January 13th
- Order a yearbook
- Full overview of information
PACIf you are interested in joining the PAC and staying up to date on Gallatin parent news, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can join the GHS Booster Club and support Raptor athletics and activities by clicking here.
Do you have some time each week to spend supporting our students and making our halls a welcoming place? Please consider becoming a Project Connect volunteer by signing up here.
Did You Know?
White out student section with clouds of blue.
The GHS Dance team takes the field at halftime.
Cheer, Dance, and the student section at Friday's football game.
BSD7 Budget Consensus Update
The BSD7 Board Budget Committee met during the months of June, July, and August and has laid the groundwork necessary in the Consensus process to begin moving forward with solutions to the K-12 general fund structural imbalance. A preliminary number of $4.1 million dollars is the anticipated amount that needs to be trimmed from the approximately $50 million dollar K-12 general fund budget. The committee will continue to meet monthly and anticipates wrapping up the process with recommendations to the BSD7 Board of Trustees in December, 2022.
The purpose of This Survey Tool is to engage the community of Bozeman in the K-12 Board Consensus Budget Committee - Mega Issue conversation. This tool is designed to capture questions from stakeholders, as well as create an opportunity for community members to weigh-in and help with the brainstorming related to solving the K-12 General Fund imbalance that is being tackled via the Board Consensus Budget Committee process.
Prior to asking questions or providing ideas for potential solutions please ensure you are up-to-speed with the background information related to the topic. Please read through the information about the committee's work here on the district website.
The Marching band performs Friday night at halftime.
The GHS Cheer team leading the crowd on the sidelines.
The Colorguard performs with the band during halftime at Friday's game.
Safety Tips - Parenting to Prevent Child Alcohol Abuse
More information can be found here.