Chandler High Wolf Bytes
School of Champions
National School Counseling Week
On Tuesday, January 26th, the CHS AFJROTC, under the command of Lt Colonel Jones and MSgt Goodson, had the honor of presenting colors at the State Capitol House of Representative session.
chs musicians and vocalists
Band: Gillian Harrill (French Horn) and Ian Kelsey (French Horn)
Orchestra: Jonathan Chiou (1st Violin), Rachelle Cortina (2nd Violin) and Mason Haskett (Viola)
Choir: Nick Applegate (Tenor), Alex Billingsley (Tenor) and Isaac Dowdle (Bass)
chs band and cheerleaders
The Chandler High Band and Cheerleaders surprised former CUSD Superintendent and CHS Principal Howard Conley by performing Happy Birthday and school fight songs.
Shaun Aguano, CHS Varsity Head Football Coach, was the head coach for the U.S. in Sunday’s 2016 International Bowl in Arlington, TX. Coach Aguano led the U.S. to a 33-0 win over Canada. N’Keal Harry, CHS Senior, scored two touchdowns in the game.
Last Week's Wins
- JV Girls Basketball def. Perry 49-40
- Freshman Girls Basketball def. Perry 41-28
- JV Boys Basketball def. Perry 58-44
- JV Boys Soccer def. Campo Verde -3-0
- JVB Boys Soccer def. Casteel 6-2
- Varsity Wrestling def. Desert Ridge 48-18 and Gilbert 79-0
This Week's Home Events
- Monday, 2/1: Girls Soccer vs Hamilton JVB @ 4 pm
- Tuesday, 2/2: Varsity Girls Soccer Round One Playoffs @ Desert Vista @ 7 pm
- Wednesday, 2/3: Varsity Boys Soccer Round One Playoffs @ Corona @ 7 pm
- Thursday 2/4: JVB Soccer Girls vs Highland @ 4 pm, JVB Soccer Boys vs Highland @ 6 pm; Boys Basketball vs Corona- Freshmen @ 4 pm, JV @ 5:30 pm, and Varsity @ 7 pm
- Friday, 2/5: Girls Basketball vs Dobson- Freshmen @ 4 pm, JV @ 5:30 pm, Varsity @ 7 pm
- Saturday 2/6: Wrestling Round One -Sectionals @ 9 am Payne Gym
CHS is hosting the FA$FA FE$TIVAL for ALL seniors and their parents on Thursday, February 11th from 11-6pm in the library. Financial Aid professionals will be at CHS to help fill out the FAF$A application and answer any questions. Prizes will be drawn for all those who attend. Access the FAFSA Checklist for information needed to complete the FAFSA. Don't miss out!
YEARBOOK SENIOR ADS
Deadline: January 15th without a fee
From Jan.15 – Feb. 5, 2015 - LATE FEE of $25.00
Last Day to purchase a Senior Ad Feb. 5th
Process for purchasing a Yearbook Senior Ad: For more information, visit the yearbook website.
- Payment for the Ad: Cash or a check written to Chandler High School Yearbook, paid to the bookstore.
- Give bookstore your envelope with student name, grade, email address, & ID number on it. In the envelope include Senior Ad Order Form which shows page option (⅛, ¼, ½, full).
- If you are NOT submitting through email, include Senior Ad form, photos & TYPED text in envelope. You are encouraged to send photos & text thru email address below.
- Count the photo spaces on the yearbook spread that you have chosen, and only send that many photos through the email. You may only be able to send 1 to 3 photos maximum for each email you send us. This is the preferred way of sending photos & text to us. Pictures will NOT be returned! If you do not have email, you can submit photos on a CD put it in an envelope and then give to Bookstore.
Also, text must be typed and sent to the email address below. If you have no access to a computer, the information will be available at the school bookstore.
Email address: email@example.com
It's not too late! Help support extra-curricular activities and extended learning beyond the regular school day by making a tax credit donation to Chandler High School. The state of Arizona allows taxpayers to receive a tax credit of up to $200 ($400 if married and filing jointly) when you make a tax credit donation to our school. Yes, taxpayers receive a dollar-for-dollar credit towards their state tax return. Tutoring, student clubs and field trips are just a few of the enrichment programs that are supported through tax credit donations. Click here for more info, and please name Chandler High School as the recipient of your donation. Thank you for your support!
career center news
Parents and students are highly encouraged to attend “Demystifying the College Application Process,” presented By Duke University on Tuesday, February 2nd in the CCA Bogle Theatre. Doors open at 6pm and the program starts at 6:30pm. See you there!