Lincoln Middle School
March 5, 2021
Dear Lincoln Parents and Guardians,
Please join me in congratulating Dr. Mary Gorr on her recent appointment to Superintendent. Lincoln is pleased to continue on our quest to provide excellence in education under her leadership. We are looking forward to next year and beyond!
Parents with questions about COVID practices at school and their students may find this link helpful.
PICTURE DAY PROOFS AND MAKE-UP DAY
Student photo proofs will be distributed as follows:
- Cohort A (Mon/Thurs in-person students) - Proofs distributed in PE Class Thursday 3/4/21.
- Cohort B (Tues/Fri in-person students) - Proofs distributed in PE Class on Tuesday 3/9/21.
- Remote Students - Pick up proofs in the school office.
Student Photo MAKE-UP DAY!
Who: Any REMOTE OR IN-PERSON student who was absent or missed picture day
OR Any REMOTE OR IN-PERSON student opting for retakes.
When: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, from 7:30am - 2:30pm
Where: West Gym - students should enter Door #2
Bring: It is helpful if students bring back their proof sheet for a retake.
- Students will be excused from class for photographs. Please email your teachers and let them know when you plan to have your photograph taken during the day. If possible, PE is the best option, as this will help us maintain a more even flow of students throughout the day.
- Parents should drop off their child at Door #2 and wait outside until their child returns to the vehicle.
- Parents can park in any space in the lots, or wait in the front turn around or on the street if space allows.
- Students must be masked while in the building, other than for the actual photograph. Students will have their temperatures taken upon entering the building. Students waiting for their photographs will be spaced at 6” apart in line.
- Students can return to your vehicle after their photograph, and are expected to return to class when they get home.
IMPORTANT: Any student experiencing COVID symptoms as well as any student who is quarantined due to COVID guidelines as directed by Mrs. Smith should not come to school for photographs on March 17, 2021.
Both previous members and first-timers are encouraged to join Session 2.
MRS. WALSH, LRC DIRECTOR
OVERDUE NOTICES . . . .
PLEASE RETURN YOUR LINCOLN LIBRARY BOOKS!
FROM MRS. SMITH, RN:
ATTENTION PARENTS OF 8th GRADE STUDENTS WHO WEAR GLASSES OR CONTACTS:
If your 8th grade student wears glasses or contacts, please complete this short google form regarding the date of your child's last vision exam. If your student does not wear glasses or contacts, you do not need to complete the form. If you prefer, you can email the nurse with the month and year of your child's last vision exam at email@example.com
HEALTH OFFICE NOTICE FOR PARENTS OF HYBRID STUDENTS
If you notify the school that your student is experiencing any of the symptoms that are shared with covid-19 (Fever over 100F, headache, shortness of breath, cough, sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, congestion/ runny nose, loss of sense of taste or smell, nausea, fatigue, and muscle or body aches), your student cannot attend school until at least 10 days have passed since symptom onset and 24 hours fever free without fever reducing medication and improvement of symptoms. Your student can return earlier if they are evaluated by a medical doctor and undergo Covid testing as directed by MD. In order to return to school prior to the end of 10 days, you will need a note from your MD stating Covid status, diagnosis and return to school date. Your student must also be fever free without fever reducing medications, vomit and diarrhea free for 24 hours.
Preserving memories of this historic time in the Village of Mount Prospect!