The Viking Voice
Bayou View Middle School
March 15, 2021 - March 19, 2021
- History Exam - 6th Grade
- History Exam - 7th Grade
- History/STEM Exams - 8th Grade
- 3rd Quarter Ends
- 4th 9 Weeks Begins
- 3rd Quarter Report Cards Issued
April 2 - April 9
- Spring Break - No School
Thank you for helping keep our students safe!
GSD Instructional Programs YouTube Page
Daily Quiz to Stop the Spread
- Do you have an unexplained cough?
- Are you experiencing any shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Have you been around anyone with COVID-19?
- Do you have COVID-19?
Students who answer yes to any of those questions may not be permitted to remain on campus. Please, ask yourself and your children these questions before heading to school or putting them on a bus each morning. If the answer to any of those questions is yes, please keep your child home and contact the school about how to proceed.
Student Health and Wellness
- Please check your children's temperature each morning before sending them to their bus stop to ensure they are not running a fever.
- Have conversations with your children about following the rules of the bus that are in effect to ensure the safety of our students. Failure to abide by the bus rules may result in the loss of the privilege to ride the bus to and from school.
- Make certain your children have masks on prior to being sent to the bus stop or getting in a vehicle to head to school. They will not be permitted to stay on campus without one.
Please Wait in Your Vehicle
If you drop your child off in the morning, please have your child REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE, WITH A MASK ON, until an adult approaches to perform the temperature check and ask the questions referenced above.
We appreciate everyone's patience, understanding, and cooperation with this!
Afternoon Car Rider Pick-Up
- 6th and 7th Graders are to be picked up only at the main entrance on Chamberlain Ave.
- 8th Graders are to be picked up only at the entrance on 43rd St. near the auditorium.
- ALL students are to ALWAYS keep their masks on and avoid personal contact with other students while waiting for their rides.
- Please talk to your children about attentively waiting for their rides. If everyone is watching for their ride, we can get everyone waiting in the car rider line through the pick-up process safely and efficiently. Thank you for your patience and assistance with this matter!
- For the safety of all of our students, phones should NOT be out while students are waiting for their rides. If a student needs to make contact with a parent regarding transportation, they are to inform a BVMS faculty member on duty that will assist them with their transportation issue.