News from the Holy Rosary/Juan Diego Community
Message from the Principal: Mar. 29th
We are busy moving, moving, moving over here at the school. Construction should begin next week! In the meantime, we have cleaned out the mezzanine (thanks to some outstanding parent helpers last Saturday!!) and moved a couple of classrooms and offices. If you have spare time and want to knock out those volunteer hours, stop by today, tomorrow, or Friday to help with moving! We could use all the help we can get.
Have a wonderful week!
- All school mass at 9 am (7th grade in charge)
- Jamba Juice after school ($3.00)
- Pay2Dress (Pay $2.00 for your child to wear "free dress" to support our NPH orphans in Mexico and Honduras)
- Work Party CANCELLED
- Wed, April 5th is a noon dismissal day
Scenes from the Last Week!
- Emily Hadley and Deborah McCarthy for the incredible job cleaning and prepping the portable for the 7th/8th graders!
- James and Rhodora Johnson, Craig Smith, Jared Matheson, Gina Cole (and her schematics), Javier and Anita Lemus & Family, Florian Tamayo, Nadia Gordon, and Berenice for the amazing work party on Saturday.
- Dr. Yaden for leading the AAPPL language testing.
Need Volunteer Hours????
Reminder for Free Dress
As we are a Catholic school, please make sure that students are wearing appropriate items on non-uniform days. Here are a few reminders of what is NOT permitted:
- Tight, torn clothing
- Jeans with "fake cuts/tears", even if skin is not showing
- See-through clothing
- Sleeveless or off-the-shoulder tops
- Short skirts
- Tops with sayings which are inappropriate for a school
Also, on Fridays when Spirit Gear is allowed, only official Holy Rosary Spirit Gear can be worn (with jeans). Seahawks gear is no longer permitted.
Please also check the uniform code, to make sure that your child/ren is/are in proper dress code.
If students arrive at school in inappropriate attire, they will be asked to call home. Thank you for monitoring your children's outfits on uniform and non-uniform days.
Dress Code Changes for April - June
- Students may wear shorts for the remainder of the year (April - June). These are navy blue, dress code appropriate, knee length, uniform shorts.
- Boots may NO LONGER be worn for the remainder of the school year. These are permitted in the winter only.
Lost and Found: Missing Anything??
Development Desk: Gala
Holy Rosary Gala:
We will be hosting our fifth annual Gala fundraising dinner on May 6, 2017. This years event will be held at Holy Cross Parish, since the school will be under construction for the installation of the elevator. This is a very important fundraising event for our school with a financial goal of $175,000. The primary funds raised during the evening go to fund tuition assistance programs. Please consider attending this event as a guest or, if you are still looking for volunteer hours, we will need help with decorations, set-up, event assistance, and clean-up. I will share more details with regard to the volunteer schedule as it gets closer.
Questions or interest in helping please email, Sarah McKinney: firstname.lastname@example.org.