Courtney Langley FSHS 603 6/5/13
The Stressful Truth
2. 8 out of 10 teen dads don’t marry the mother of their child.
3. More than half of teen mothers never graduate from high school.
4. Less than 2 percent of teen moms earn a college degree by age 30.
5. About 1/4 teen moms have a second child within 24 months of their first baby.
Vulnerability-Stress-Adaptation Model (Karney, 1995)
- Hill, R. (1958). ABC-X Model of Family Crisis. Retrieved from: Weber, J.(2011). Individual and Family Stress and Crisis. California: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Kearney (1995). Vulnerability-Stress-Adaption Model. Retrieved from: Price, S., Price, C., McKenry, P.(2010). Families and Change: Coping with Stressful Events and Transitions. California: SAGE Publications, Inc.
- Marcus, R. (2013). Truth-telling on Teen Pregnancy. Washington Post.