Week of May 9
The vision of Rasor Elementary is to inspire our students to be lifelong learners and empower them to meet the challenges of the future, adapt to change, and exercise critical judgment, becoming global citizens capable of utilizing tomorrow's resources and technology responsibly.
Motto: Educate for success, inspiring excellence.
Reminders and Info
- If you or a student makes a phone call home to a parent, please leave a message.
- For grades 3-5, please make sure all students have scratch paper for Think Through Math.
- For Math MAP, please make sure students have scratch paper as well.
- Sign up for Summer Elementary Academy through MLP. Here are the courses: Summer Elementary Academy Catalog.
- Through your grade level newsletters, please let your parents know that on field day, only volunteers can come up on campus unless the visitor is coming up for lunch.
- I don't know if you are like me (zp) and think STAAR week is truly the longest week of the year. Boy Howdy!! We are going home tired today. Know that I am very proud of you and thankful I am part of such an awesome team.
- Monday, May 16 - Last Data Dig
- Tuesday, May 17 - Samantha's shower 3:15 in the library
- Wednesday, May 18 - Principal Meeting (Zack and Staci out til 1pm)
- Thursday, May 19 - Kindergarten performance 6:30 pm
- Friday, May 20 - Field Day
- Tuesday, May 24 - Last staff meeting of the year
- Tuesday, May 24 - Senior Rasor reception beginning at 4:30 in the library
- Wednesday, May 25 - Teacher Leader Retreat beginning at 12:30
- Thursday, May 26 - Field Day Make Up Day
- Thursday, May 26 - End of Year Staff Party
- Friday, May 27 - Teacher Work Day/Student Holiday
Spotlight on Awesomeness
I want to thank Lynn for all the math support she provides to our 5th grade kiddos!! She always goes the extra mile!! Brock has done an amazing job with her Jurassic Park STAAR camp!! The kids love it!! Lori is rocking with her reading small groups! I never go in when she is helping students practice their strategies and helping her kids really understand what they are reading! - Shelly Sisco
Samantha Fisk for staying late and helping me with paperwork! It was a huge help and because of her kindness I didn’t get overwhelmed! - Sarah Roye
- Thank you to Mrs. Brandi Jones for the amazing work she did on preparing all the details for STAAR. If you know just a little bit about the behind the scenes actions, you know it is almost an overwhelming job. We are proud of you Brandi. Job well done.
Articles Worth Reading
- tinyurl.com/jf6t3g5 Guided Reading
- Letting Go of Learning Styles- Submitted by Armstrong
10 Ways to Have a Better Conversation - Video - Worth Your Time
- How and Why Intrinsic Motivation Works
- Practical Ways to Develop Students’ Mathematical Reasoning
- Recognizing and Overcoming False Growth Mindset
- http://blogs.edweek.org Lessons from Abroad on Professional Learning
- 16 Inspirational Quotes From Children's Literature | Edutopia