High School HIghlights
REINVENTING THE URBAN SCHOOL EXPERIENCE TOGETHER
October 19 - 24, 2015
The chart below shows how well AISD has done compared to the state over the last few years with regards to hitting the college readiness score (500+) on each of the sections of the SAT. I am so very #AISDProud, and you should be, too!
From Previous Principal's Weekly (See email from Mr. Oropez for details)
- Nominate a UIL Sponsor of excellence by Nov. 9
- SSIG orders due by Oct. 28
- 11th grade essay due Nov.23
- Cyber Bully Training Verification Form due by Oct. 23
- Hour of Code Week is Dec 7 - 13: What will your campus be doing?
- Innovation Summit is Nov. 14, featuring Will Richardson
To help achieve a 70% regional direct-to-college enrollment rate for Class of 2016 seniors, The Austin Chamber has partnered with Texas Association for College Admission Counseling (TACAC) leaders and the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) to host a regional counselor training and briefing for campus principals to discuss strategies to strengthen and accelerate direct-to-college enrollment across Central Texas High School Campuses.
The training will begin with a 45 minute DTC70 partnership briefing and offer strategies high school leaders can use to improve direct-to-college enrollment on their campuses. Campus administrators are welcome to stay for the remainder of the training, however, it is not required.
Following the briefing, professional development sessions for counselors will be provided by content experts in college admissions advising, state/federal aid changes and strategies to support financial aid completion on campus, advance use of Counselor Portal to target student assistance, admissions and financial aid advising for undocumented students, among other key topics.
DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
DATE/TIME: NOVEMBER 10TH, 2015 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
LOCATION: Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB)
1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752
RSVP : email@example.com by 11/1/15 Please include your phone #, email, and title
CONTACTS: Lara Gueguen, AISD, Charlotte Winkelmann, HAYSCISD, Gilbert Zavala, Austin Chamber of Commerce
NO CHARGE for this workshop
All employees need to complete, even if there are no changes.
Oct. 19-23 , 2015
- 6:30 Board Dialogue
- Volley games Everywhere!!
- Principal's Meeting (UT Club)
- 9:30am College Fair at Burger
- Late Start
- Good Luck Volleyball and Football Teams
- 9:00 - 11:00 Special Education Parents' Forum@ Kealing Middle School
* 11/11 Veteran's Day Parade..... Is your school participating?
* 11/13 Training: Graduation Basics: Focus Special Education Students and Grad Plans: Plan to send your Special Education Dept Chair and admin who oversees Special Education