Boss battle & speed dating
- Separate pages for artifacts (Google forms, digital worksheet, etc) are created and placed as sub pages in the component that you chose.
- Reflection questions - Don't worry about putting numbers for the reflection questions - a future employer won't understand what that means. Just answer the reflection questions in complete sentences. You can even section it off with a title if you want (ex. Artifact Reflection).
- Portfolio Purpose - While this portfolio is being done for class as a semester long project, the real purpose of it is to give you a head start on having it for future jobs. With that in mind, make sure your portfolio is always being written with an anonymous audience in mind. If there is something that a future employer wouldn't understand, reword it to explain clearly. Make sure it is easy to navigate to different topics, and that it is always very professional.
- Teacher evaluation on MyGCC - On MyGCC a page was added. I am improving my practice through reflection - it is voluntary and anonymous. You can complete this survey if you would like at the end of each week I will check the results.
- Digital portfolio Presentation Times - Click here to see when you are presenting your digital portfolio on May 2. If you are not on the list you did not complete the survey. You can sign up for a time that has a blank spot.
- #pretpln challenge - Connect with other pre-service Teachers and current teachers with a#pretpln Twitter challenge starting today! For more information go to smore.com/wrrp3 - for each day you participate in the challenge you get +2 dojo points.
Adding a slideshow to your website
- Take screenshots of your digital worksheet
- Weebly - drag in slideshow widget and add your screenshot images
- Google sites - upload each screenshot to a slide in google slides, make sure the slideshow sharing settings are set to anyone with link can view (share), in google site - insert - slideshow - select your slideshow and add it.
Sharing your digital worksheet with your co-op
- Open a lesson in Edit Mode
- Click on the Share button
- Once your co-op has created an account and a class s/he can use the lesson link with his/her students.
- This can be embedded or used with google classroom too!
- Login to your wizer.me account
- click on your worksheet
- Click publish in upper right hand corner (it will turn green). Your worksheet is now public.
- Your co-op will need to create an account first.
- Provide your co-op with the title of your wizer worksheet (ex. 3rd grade math) and your user name (ex. Samantha Fecich)
- Tell your co-op once s/he has created an account, s/he can search for the worksheet title.
- When the co-op finds your worksheet in the search tell them to click on use.
- The worksheet will open into a new tab ready for them to edit if needed.
- Make sure that teacher saves any edits s/he has made.
- Here is a video tutorial you can send to your co-op if needed that walks through how to share with students.
- To use with students the teacher will need to click assign to students, enter a name for class, then click assign to students.
- From here the teacher can chose to use it with google classroom or copy the URL for students with this the teacher can send the link to the students.
- Students create an account
- Students will need to open the link and can complete the worksheet. Students can save or click I'm done when they complete the worksheet.
- Teacher can now see student responses and give feedback to students.
- Students can log into their accounts and view feedback.
- If your co-op needs help please let me know.
- Login to your goformative account
- Click on the worksheet you want to share
- Click share with teachers - You will get a direct link to share with your virtual co-op.
- Now you have a Quick Code or a link
- Teachers will be prompted to sign in or create a goformative.com TEACHER account before they can accept the link.
- After logging in, the code or link will create a copy of your assignment.
- Shared teachers can edit their version but it will not affect your version.
- Once s/he has created an account s/he will need to create a class. Here is a video tutorial about how to create a class
- This can be used with google classroom too if your teacher uses it.
- If your co-op needs help please let me know.
Ed Tech in action
- Search for an example of #edtech in action where students are using technology incorporated into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math).
- Find an example for your grade level/subject area
- Retweet or repin to your Pinterest board
- Get ready to share out in class what you found!
Speed dating 8 am chart
Speed dating explained
- Sit across from one person
- In 2 minutes 1 person will share one of the following: a. Google form, b. digital worksheet, or c. domain 1 digital portfolio pages
- Then the other person will share for two minutes one of the following: a. Google form, b. digital worksheet, or c. domain 1 digital portfolio pages
- Spend the last minute in this pair providing feedback to one another
- If you are in the inner row of desks you will move one spot to your right.
- If you are in the outer row of desks you do not move.
- We will rotate 3 times so you can show off each of the following: a. Google form, b. digital worksheet, or c. domain 1 digital portfolio pages
Speed dating 9 am chart
Due Friday 2/12
- Quest 14: Component 2C/ Canva - Questions, Understanding, Explore