SV Library Media Books & Bytes
Free YA Audiobooks - All Summer Long
Once again, AudioFile Sync is offering free YA (Young Adult) audiobooks all summer long.
Starting April 28, 2022, each week, Sync will offer 2 free audiobooks. Patrons can use the Sora app on their phone to access the books. For information on how to register, go to the Audiofile Magazine website.
We'll update again in the May newsletter with more details as we get them.
April is National Poetry Month
Poet-Tree decorating with favorite poems - April 11-15
Blackout Poetry - April 18-21
Visit the National Poetry website to sign up to receive a poem a day.
Virtual Poetry and the Creative Mind Gala - April 28
- Provide a "poem in your pocket" for students - April 29
What's up in the Library Media Center?
Collaboration Stations & Breakout EDU
Classes came to the library for book checkout and rotation, but we also had bookings for other uses. Mrs. Yager's 8th grade English classes used the seven collaboration stations for peer editing of project. Collaboration stations allow students to use one large screen for small group discussion, instruction, and peer editing. Placed throughout the library, these stations allow classes to spread out and have plenty of room for rousing conversations.
Mrs. Dowell and Mrs. Southard brought their Spanish II classes to the library for Breakout EDU action. After completing the reading of the novel, students worked through a series of clues to find the answer to a variety of locks on the breakout box. A thorough understanding of the Spanish novel was needed to reach success at the end.
Students collaborate in the Collaboratory.
Library allows students to group and spread out.
Mrs. Yager's students know many heads are better than one.
The other event is the JAWKS March Madness. Sponsored by CHS & AHS, this event features 64 books in a bracket match-up. Students and staff voted for their favorite of two throughout the brackets. The final four match-up occurs this week with the overall favorite winning book announced Monday.
TECHNOLOGY TIPS & BYTES
Online Library Catalog and MackinVIA eBooks & Audiobooks Reminder
Library Quick Stats
- Books checked out: 1048 (even with spring break week!)
- Fav genres: graphic novels (270 checkouts); realistic (113 checkouts); suspense (92 checkouts)
- Whole class daily reservations: 6 days
- Top 3 most checked out books: One of Us Is Lying by Karen McManus & Scythe by Shusterman were tied for first, Backfield Boys: : A Football Mystery in Black and White by John Feinstein, A Good Girl's Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson, & The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas tied for second.
- Previous newsletters