The SMS Athletic Newsletter
Week of 8/21/22:
I have relationships with many of you as we might have crossed paths in my time leading the athletic programs for the Strongsville Recreation Department. I look forward to continuing and building those relationships and leading your children through athletics for years to come. For those of you who I don't know yet, I sincerely look forward to working with and getting to know you! I assure everyone, both familiar faces and not, that the athletic department will develop athletic programming that encourages growth, both on and off the field/court! The district puts a strong emphasis on athletics not so much for kids to play games but more so to grow them emotionally, socially, academically and, of course, athletically.
The previous middle school athletic administration had done a phenomenal job leading the department and setting up the student athletes for monumental success. My plan is to continue the previous successes while also implementing some changes with hopes of making something great even better. Some of those changes are noted below. If you have any ideas to help make things better don't hesitate to reach out!
- Most athletic info will be posted at strongsvilleathletics.org (more details below)
- There will be new, easier, faster ways to purchase tickets (more details below)
Jason Keppler, Assistant Athletic Director
Strongsville City Schools
SCS Athletic Website
- Game Schedules
- Game Results/Recaps
- Athletic Forms
- Sports Medicine Info
- Ticketing Info
- Online Team Shop
- Sports Registration/Tryout Info
Strongsville Athletic Boosters
- Students must maintain at least a 2.0 G.P.A. Should their G.P.A. fall below a 2.0 they will be put on a weekly progress reports to assure assignments and effort are up to snuff. If not the players will be required to sit until improvement is made.
- Students must have passed at least 4 classes in the previous quarter (5 if at SHS). Should this criteria not be met a student will not be eligible for the forthcoming athletic season.
- Pay to Participate and previous year academic fees must be paid in order to partake in athletic games/contests. Students will be withheld from all contests until fees are paid.
OHSAA Eligibility Resource Center
HOMETOWN TICKETING FAN APP
NEW WAYS TO PURCHASE TICKETS
All other VARSITY sporting events will have $7.00 tickets for adults and $5.00 for students.
For stand alone JV, Freshman AND Middle School games, tickets will be $4.00 and $2.00
1. Tickets will be sold online through our NEW online Ticketing Partner, Hometown Ticketing. The link can be found HERE. This is the preferred method of payment for all home contests. You can also purchase tickets by going to STRONGSVILLEATHLETICS.ORG and by clicking on each team's schedule, there is a BUY TICKETS option. If you have question, please reach out to the Athletic Office.
2. We will offer at the gate cash and CREDIT CARD sales for all home contests. Again, if you do not want to wait in line, the online ticket option would be best
3. SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNTS. The GCC will allow Senior Citizens into any contest free of charge. At Strongsville, we will be issuing Senior Citizen All-Access passes that will allow them to attend any HOME sporting event free of charge. Passes will issued at any ticket gate upon entrance to an event.
(Please keep in mind that when we play non-league contests away, those schools may have a different senior citizen policy)
If you have any questions about the ticketing policy, please do not hesitate to contact the athletic department.
FALL SPORTS UPDATES
- This week XC will be heading to the Keystone Icebreaker Invitational this week for their opening meet! We are excited to see their accomplishments after all their hard work this preseason!
- If any 7th or 8th grader still wants to participate in XC this season please reach out to Coach Blackman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 7th and 8th grade volleyball teams have a busy opening week. With the following games on the schedule. We hope to see you there!
- 8/23- All three squads are battling Brunswick at SMS beginning at 4:30.
- 8/24- All three squads are at home versus Mentor Shore, beginning at 4:30.
- 8/25- The green teams are at Lake Ridge Academy beginning after 4:30.
- 8/25- The white team is away at Highland Middle School beginning after 4:30.
- Friendly reminder- all SMS football players should bring a combination lock to school on Monday. Players will start keeping their equipment in the locker room.
- On 8/17 both teams looked strong in their scrimmage against North Royalton.
- 8/24- The 8th grade team is at home versus Solon with a 4:30 kickoff.
- 8/24- The 7th grade team is traveling to Solon for a later than 4:30pm kickoff.