Tumbleweed Times Week 18
News from Ranch 25 - January 15, 2016
First Grade Happenings
In social studies we learned about Soyal. Soyal is the Winter Solstice Ceremony celebrated but the Pueblo, Zuni, and Hopi Native Americans. The students made Kachina masks to represent the masks worn by the Kachina Dancers.
In math this week we reviewed and assessed all the skills taught in Module 2.
Pizza Day has moved to Monday!
Learning about Winter Solstice celebration of Soyal.
Alex shows CARING!
Next Week's Curriculum Focus
3.6 Reading Theme: Review and Assessment Week
Spelling Words and Dictation Sentences:
any, boy, by, goes, friend, girl, water, string, splash, scrub, scrap, split
Little cubs get strong in the spring.
they plashed in the water.
Writing Genre: Informative
Math: Ordering and Comparing Length Measurements as Numbers
Social Studies: Winter Holidays and Traditions
Science: Plant and Animal Parts and Survival
- Monthly Assembly - Friday, January 15, 8:35 AM
- No School - Monday, January 18, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- PTA Bingo Night - Friday, January 22, 2015, 5:30 PM
- MAPs Testing (Language Arts) - Friday, January 22, 8:45 AM
- MAPs Testing (Math) - Wednesday, January 27, 10:35 AM