For Conferences Paid with Title I/II Funds
Helpful Links and Information
Prior to the Conference
Conference Request Form
- You will likely be asked to fill out a Conference Request Form. These should be filled out and given to your supervisor. Your supervisor will then give it to Erin Keefe. Erin is located at 1332 Enterprise.
- Tips for filling out your form:
- Attach any information you have about the conference to your form (flyer, online handout, etc.). Your supervisor might be doing this; ask your supervisor if he/she has it or if he/she wants you to do this step.
- Act 48 hours/Credit hours: please check yes or no
- Allotted $500 per year: answer to this is no if you are being asked to attend
- Total Registration Cost: please fill this out
- Lodging: please fill this section out completely
- Travel Expenses: IMPORTANT - rental cars are not provided for trips less than 50 miles and are generally not provided for trips to Hershey, PA. If you require a rental car, please alert your supervisor and Erin. Erin will arrange for your car if it is approved.
During the Conference
Meals and Travel Expenses
PALCS' policy is that meals are reimbursed at a rate of $15 per half day/$30 per day.
Please note the following:
- This is only for food/non-alcoholic drinks. Items that are not included are medication, beauty supplies, etc.
- Tips must be included on the receipt. Do not write tips as a separate line item on your expense sheet. You may hand write tips on your receipt. Tips should not be more than 20%
- Alcohol can not be on the same receipt as meals. Receipts with alcohol listed can not be reimbursed
- Amounts over $30 per day will not be reimbursed. You will be reimbursed up to $30 a day for food and drink
- Amounts without receipts will not be reimbursed
PALCS follows the Federal mileage rate. As of January 1, 2016, the new Federal mileage rate is 54 cents.
Please note the following:
- You must submit your hotel receipt. Do not list it on your expense form, but please bring it home and attach it to your form.
- Tolls are reimbursed when they are not paid by way of an EZ Pass installed in a rental car. Receipts are required for all tolls. EZ Pass printouts showing paid tolls are acceptable.
- Mileage is reimbursed only when a rental car is not being used.
- Mileage must be shown by way of a map printout showing mileage from your office to your destination, not from your home to your destination.
- Gas is reimbursed only when a rental car is being used.
- Gas receipts must be provided.
- Tips to valets and hotel staff are not reimbursed.
- Parking is reimbursed with a receipt.
Leaving the Conference
Tips for Wrapping Up Your Trip
- Take session materials with you
- GET A COPY OF YOUR ROOM RECEIPT. This must be submitted with your Expense Form