Staff Weekly Update
December 18, 2015
When it snows, you have two choices: shovel or make snow angels.
The saying above is a great metaphor for how we hope you choose to spend your winter break. Enjoy time with family and friends, but make sure to take some time for yourself - relax and recharge. See you in 2016!
Thank you for all that you do!
Aaron & Lewis
Winter Sing Along
A shout out goes to our music educators - Erin O'Leary and Jennifer Schramm - for planning and facilitating our all school sing-along today. What a great way to send our students and staff off for winter break!
Pig Out Day
The Day of Eating (until we are all beyond full) was a success! Thank you to everyone who helped set up, bring in food and clean up. It was a great day to be an Apollo Bulldog!
to submit your attendance by 9:00 a.m. each day. It is important that our trusted secretary, Louise, has enough time to confirm if students are present and begin the home contact process. Thank you for your adherence to this process.
Winter Sing Along
Pig Out Day
ACCESS Testing Information
Here are the weeks we will be testing your students. This is a general schedule and we will be emailing each of you individually (after break) to let you know the exact dates and times we will be testing your students. This is all new so we are not sure how slow or fast technology and tests will be going. We thank you in advance for you patience and understanding.
Kindergarten - various times throughout the day the entire time from all ESL Teachers.
Week of 1/11
Week of 1/18
Week of 1/25:
Week of 2/1: Make-ups/absents
-Your ESL Teachers
Winter MAP Testing Windows
3rd - 6th Grade Teachers,
Similar to our fall testing set up, please schedule MAP testing sessions - one reading test and one math test - amongst your team members, using your grade level Chromecarts. Our ESL Team will be utilizing some of the chromecarts for ACCESS testing, but they are working to not use carts assigned for MAP testing.
MAP Testing Windows
- 6th & 5th Grades - January 11th - January 21st
- 6th & 5th Grades Make-ups - January 22nd
- 4th & 3rd Grades - January 25th - February 4th
- 4th & 3rd Grades Make-ups - February 5th
AAC Brandy will be facilitating make-ups for this round of MAP testing, so look for details about how to communicate make-up information in the next Weekly Update.
December 21st - December 31st
- Winter Break - enjoy!
Monday, January 4th
- Lunch/Recess Supervisor Meeting @ 7:50 a.m.
Tuesday, January 5th
- Climate & Culture Team Meeting @ 7:50 a.m.
- 6th Grade Tier Meeting @ 10:25 a.m.
- Kindergarten Tier Meeting @ 1:20 p.m.
- 2nd Grade Tier Meeting @ 2:00 p.m.
Wednesday, January 6th
- 5th Grade Tier Meeting @ 8:55 a.m.
- Office Team Meeting @ 10:00 a.m.
- Apollo Ambassadors (3-6) Meeting - Lunch
- 3rd Grade Tier Meeting @ 12:30 p.m.
Thursday, January 7th
- SPED Resource Team Meeting @ 7:50 a.m.
- PFA Tier Meeting @ 7:50 a.m.
- 4th Grade Tier Meeting @ 8:55 a.m.
- Aaron/Lewis @ Admin. Meeting - Afternoon
- 1st Grade Tier Meeting @ 2:00 p.m.
Friday, January 8th
- Dual Language Meeting @ 7:50 a.m.
- Parent Education Workshop @ 9:00 a.m.
- Family Friday @ Lunch