Gonzalez Premier Express
Week of January 18, 2016
RACING TO PREMIER - NEXT MILESTONE....ACPs
- MOTIVATE our students to do their very best so that they would not miss the opportunity to be and feel successful.
- Let's ensure that we are following the procedures shared by Ms. Shelby. We need to be constantly monitoring students so that they are on task actively working on their test; if they are not, please communicate with Ms. Shelby, Mr. Mena, Ms. Edwards or Mr. Cordoba in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with and implement the accommodations that our Special Education and Bilingual students have during testing; if you don't know, please ask!!!
- As we review for ACPs, continue to make sure that you are addressing, What students are learning, Why it is important, What mastery looks like, and How to connect it to prior knowledge and their own lives
- As we use TEKS specific questions, there should be evidence in the implementation of the Lesson Cycle and quality questions, check for understandings, MRSs, while modeling of the expected outcomes.
Everyone who provided feedback by completing the District Climate Survey; climate and culture of the workplace supports its effectiveness. Your feedback does matter! As of the last report given, we had 74% completion rate.
- Ms. Edwards for leading the United Way campaign. Also, thank you to the staff members listed below; your contributions impact our community. We so far have a grand total of $329!
- Mrs. Blasingame
- Ms. Apilado
- Mrs. Thiele
- Mr. Salazar
- Mr. Crawford
- Ms. Edwards
- Mrs. Tyler
- Ms. Kennard
- Mrs. Sandlin
- Mrs. Tabarez
- Ms. Shelby, Ms. Edwards, and Ms. Arango for their leadership and support in setting up the testing logistics for a successful testing environment.
- Mr. Mena and Ms. Edwards for their leadership and performance during the mid year review meeting. They continue to support the work that you do and represented Gonzalez in a Super Fantastic way.
- NO SCHOOL
- No School
- Lock Down Drill @8:45
- Arts Partners PLC
- K-2 BL Cadre @ Burleson
- RLA/Math Vertical PLC
- K-2 BL Cadre @ Cuellar
- PLC Focus TBD
- K-2 BL Cadre @ Anderson
- Texas Ballet Theater CityDance 3:15-4:15
- Saturday School
- Gonzalez Chess Tournament
- STAAR Academies
December 18 deadline set for employees to acknowledge notification of district policies
Human Capital Management reminds all employees to log on to DISD Employee Self-Service in Oracle and click on the DISD Annual Policy Acknowledgment to read and electronically complete the following:
- The Annual Notification of District Policies
- 2015-16 Employee Handbook
Go here to download step-by-step directions for completing the acknowledgement. Upon completion, a confirmation of acknowledgment will be sent to your district e-mail. The Annual Employee Notification of District Policies contains several policies that all district employees are required to read, adhere to, and acknowledge annually. All district employees are expected to complete this acknowledgement no later than Dec. 18. Managers are asked to ensure that their direct reports comply with the acknowledgement requirement by Dec. 18.