PHE Back to School Information
August 11, 2023
Who is my student's teacher???
If you are New to Home Access Center or have never logged in, your user name is the email you used to register your child and the temporary password is Leander1
If you need your password reset, you will need to email Amber.Tatum@leanderisd.org
Teachers will be calling to introduce themselves before Meet the Teacher on Monday night. Can't wait to see you all there!
Meet the Teacher Night on Monday, August 14th- See specific times below
Students who need extra time or special assistance: please contact your tracking teacher to schedule time before 5:00 pm
Last name A-G: 5:00-5:30 pm
Last name H-M: 5:30-6:00 pm
Last name N-Z: 6:00-6:30 pm
Event ends by 7:00 pm
We are encouraging you ALL to please stop by the front office and have your government issued form of identification scanned into our Raptor system while you are on campus Monday.
Visitors at PHE
After Friday, August 18, students will enter the building and walk to class by themselves or with friends. PHE staff will be at each entrance and in all hallways to ensure students know where to go and how to get there. We have been doing this for the past three years and are confident they can do it.
Also, we will start allowing lunch visitors on Friday, September 1. You may eat with your student in the cafeteria on Fridays only. We also do not allow outside food on any day except Fridays.
Please register to be an LISD Volunteer here and we will work to have you support our campus in various ways throughout the year. Teachers, front office staff, and others may request volunteers to be on campus.
Thank you for helping us make safety a top-priority! Please email Heather Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Did you miss our PHE New Family Orientation or Kinder Camp???
School hours: 7:30 AM to 2:45 PM
Every minute they are in class matters. For that reason, we will not call students down until you arrive on campus to pick them up. Thank you for your cooperation!
Who works at PHE?
From our PHE PTA...
You're Invited to the "Tears and Cheers" First Day of School Event!
The moment we've all been waiting for has finally arrived! As your little ones take their first steps into the world of education, we understand that it might be a bittersweet moment for you. Whether you're shedding tears of pride or jumping for joy, we're here to support you every step of the way. Join us for a heartwarming gathering after you drop off your adorable kindergarteners on their first day of school. Come and share your emotions, stories, and maybe even some laughter with fellow parents who are experiencing the same mix of emotions.
📅 Date: Aug 16th
🕒 Time: Right after the school bell rings (7:30 am)
🏢 Venue: Front Conference Room
How is your child going home?
Daily transportation needs for the entire year...please fill out this form.
If you have any questions about transportation, please contact Delayne Foster in our front office at 512-570-6400.
Please read to help us with arrival and dismissal updates. Following these procedures can help us speed up all systems!
Transportation Information for PHE
Tips for Car Riders:
Car Rider can be a fast and efficient way for you to drop off and pick up your child at school. Success is dependent on your attention to these guidelines:
1. Cars enter by the marquee and drive down to and through the south teacher's parking lot (this is the lane to the right). Please do not form two lines in the morning as there is no one to ensure that people are taking turns entering the back drive.
2. If you need to get out of your car to assist your child in or out, car rider may not be for you. Please use the front lot where you can take your time with car seat buckles and walk your child to the crosswalk.
3. Please be ready when you enter the car rider line. Shoes on, backpacks zipped, water bottles tucked in.
4. Think about removing any obstacles, shoes, or toys that may trip your child as they exit your vehicle.
5. If you do not have a sign/name placard for your car, please ask for one from the front office. These really help speed up the pick up process.
6. Car Rider Dismissal Information: Cars handled on a first-come, first-served basis. We use signs that say "first in line" and "last in line". Staff will begin filling the drive on the right, again heading back to and through the south teacher's parking lot. Once that line is completely full, the last car in line will receive a "last in line" sign. Staff will begin filling the drive lane on the left side, giving the first car in line a "first in line" sign. These signs tell our staff on the back side when to switch from one lane to another - first come, first served accomplished.Again, once the right side is full the left side will fill. All other arriving cars should line up along Horizon Park from the south. Those will be allowed to enter the school lot first.
7. As you leave the car rider line on the north side (onto Crystal Falls) PLEASE DO NOT TURN LEFT. Make a right turn and double back further down the road if you need to. This will help the line clear faster.
8. Lastly, please DO NOT use the bus rider lane, car rider lane, parking lots, or front drive to let your kids out of your vehicle. Letting them "jump out real quick" is not a safe option and will not be allowed.
Tips for our crosswalks:
- Please use them - help us set a safe example for our students.
- Do not make a U-turn in front of the school. It is a hazard for anyone in the crosswalk.
- Anyone riding a bike will need to walk their bike across the crosswalk, as well as walk when there are others on the sidewalk.
- Drivers, please watch for our crosswalk attendants. They are trying to get our students across the street safely. Please stop when they ask you to before the crosswalk.
Students should ONLY be crossing Crystal Falls at the designated crosswalk at Crystal Falls and Horizon Park Blvd.
Tips for our walkers/bike riders:
- Please go over your expectations with your husky. Explain who they may walk or ride with and review safety concerns.
- Please NO running around or playing in the front lawn area. No climbing our trees. They are over 100 years old and we need to take extra good care of them!
- When school is out, please encourage your husky to leave campus quickly. There are no crossing guards after 3:00 PM.
- If they are to wait for a friend or sibling at the tree, please tell them to wait patiently at the designated area.
- If your younger student is waiting for an older sibling, please encourage your little one to wait by a staff member.
- Walker/bike rider is NOT the best option for PK or Kindergarten aged students (without older siblings). We recommend car rider or bus for transportation. PK or Kindergarten students who are listed as WALKER will stay under the awning of our school with one of our PK/Kindergarten teachers until they are picked up by a sibling or guardian.
- If you are meeting your child at walker, please be at school ready to receive them at 2:45 PM. Teachers will not be on duty after 3:00 PM.