Sierra Family Newsletter November 19, 2021
Message from the Principal
Thank you to all the parents who have signed up for parent conferences to connect with your child's teacher regarding their progress this year and celebrating who they are as a Sierra Shark. Our teachers are looking forward to meeting with each of you this week.
In this final full week of Native American Heritage Month at school, we have two ways we'd like to invite your family to engage with this topic:
1) If your family has Native American Heritage and/or a special interest in the topic, special information, traditions, etc., that you'd and/or your shark would like to share with the school, we welcome that! As an IB community, we know that our sharks are natural inquirers and love learning about each other, and different cultures. Our student broadcasting club would love to include anything you'd like to share in our MMA.If you'd like to participate, your family can create a short video that you can share with me electronically, or you can simply email me and I can film your shark(s) at school during the school day.
2) Our PTC continues to be hard at work and has developed a family activity for you to participate in with your child if you so choose. The activity brings together the spirit of GRATITUDE, SIERRA, and NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH - all in one! Click here to read about how this Land Acknowledgement project will culminate and be featured in a future MMA! Deadline for participation is November 19!
Amy Westberg, Principal
Report cards will be available to parents via the AERIES Parent Portal on Monday, 11/15. Directions on how to access your child’s report card are linked here:
More information about RUSD’s standards based report card can be found here:
Thank you for your continued support of your student’s learning. Working together with your teacher and school will ensure that your child reaches their full potential!
Are you cleared to volunteer?
- Fingerprinting completed for RUSD specifically. Prior fingerprinting done for any agency or organization other than RUSD will not be accepted. Fingerprinting takes approximately 72 hours to clear.
- Current Tuberculosis Test (TB). TB tests expire every 4 years and must be renewed in order to volunteer. TB Tests take approximately 48-72 hours for results and results must be brought to the office.
State of California Policy:
- Vaccination status or proof of a current negative COVID test uploaded to the link included in the email from Informed K12. If you have not received this email, please let the office know. Details about this are included in the Informed K12 email.
To check your volunteer status, please call the office or email our Secretary, Kimberly Ervin, at email@example.com.
Spanish Program Update
We are sadly preparing ourselves for Profesora Celina's last couple of months at Sierra before she starts student teaching at Sierra! We know you join us in thanking her for her incredible contributions to our school, your children's Spanish experience, and wishing her the best on her next endeavor.
Fortunately, she will be here at Sierra until winter break in December. We will be searching for her our next Spanish instructor in the meantime. The position will be posted here in the next week or so - https://www.edjoin.org/ - if you know of anyone who might be interested in applying. Interested folks may also email Principal Westberg at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SUPPORT THE PTC WHILE HOLIDAY SHOPPING
Did you know that in two easy steps you can support the Sierra PTC as you holiday shop (or anytime) through AmazonSmile? There is no additional cost to you.
To get started,
(1) Go to smile.amazon.com or activate AmazonSmile in the Amazon Shopping app on your iOS or Android phone in the Settings or Programs & Features menu.
(2) Search and select “Sierra Elementary Parent Teacher Club” (Rocklin, CA) as the charitable organization.
That’s it! Now watch AmazonSmile donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the Sierra PTC. THANK YOU!
Looking for ways to get involved at Sierra? The Sierra PTC has great volunteer opportunities (email email@example.com for details) OR attend our next monthly meeting to learn more about what’s happening around school. Our next meeting is December 8 at 6:00pm via Zoom (meeting id: 884 5774 2648, pw: sharks). (Download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system PTC Calendar invite)
NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE MONTH
Today is the last day to participate in the Land Acknowledgement Project. Click here for all the details.
Wishing all our Sierra Shark families a great holiday week,
Your Sierra PTC
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
Week of 11/22/21: Fall Break - No School
Click this button for a video and more details. Share with your friends with school-ready little ones!
Check out our weekly announcements videos shared with students every Monday morning!
Lunch may be picked up for RVC students from 11:30 - 12:00 Monday - Friday from our school cafeteria. Our Nutrition Services Website has the menu for the month so your shark knows what they will be sinking their teeth into each day.