SHARK NATION NOTES
November 17th, 2023
Important Upcoming Dates
November 17th - PTA Candy Bar Bingo
November 21st - Last Day PTA Can Do Drive
November 22-24th - No School Thanksgiving Holiday
December 4th - 8th - PTA Holiday Shoppe
December 5th - Student Early Release 2:37pm
Dear Shark Families -
We'd like to send a loud Thank YOU to our PTA and all of our wonderful parents who have supported our staff through a couple of long weeks! PTA was able to purchase dinner for our staff on our long conference nights. This was very helpful and so appreciated. Thank you for all you do!
Coming up next week is our Thanksgiving Break. We have school on Monday and Tuesday, and then students and staff are off Wednesday through Friday. Best wishes to all of you for a warm, safe holiday!
Also, you should have received an email earlier today regarding report cards being open in Skyward. Please remember to view those at your convenience. If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to your child's teacher.
Look for our next S'more news letter to go out on Friday, December 1st.
Sarah Bentley, SM Principal
Princess and The Pea Performance
All our students in 4th and 5th grade had the chance to do a workshop with Missoula Children's Theater during music this week. All our students in JK-3rd grade were treated to an assembly, thanks to our fabulous PTA! We have 21 students from Spring Mills who have worked very hard those past five days, learning a whole musical in just one week! Our shows are this Saturday, November 18 at 3pm and 5:30pm at the Little Theater at MHS. You can get tickets here: https://www.showtix4u.com/event-details/78521
Link to CRC Form, Prearranged Absence Form, Medical Forms, Address Change Form
Huron Valley MLK Day Annual Art, Writing, and Multimedia Contest
Important Circle Drive Reminders
Thank you to everyone following the guidelines making the circle drive a smoother experience for your community! Please see reminder below and share these rules with other family members who may pick up your student at times.
Arrival/Dismissal - updated information
- Our building doors open at 9:10 am. Please do not drop off early, as there isn't adult supervision outside of the building. You may only use the front loop for drop off
- Upper El Centrum doors close at 9:15am If your child arrives later than this, please use the front doors of the building.
- Safety first! Drivers will need to remain in their lane until all students have been unloaded; you are not allowed to pass other cars if your children unloaded first.
- Also for safety reasons, drivers and other adults must remain in the car during pick up and drop-off. If your child requires help getting in or out of their vehicle please park in the parking lot and walk to the doors to get your child/pick your child up.
- Always have your green name sign clipped to your passenger visor during afternoon pick up - this keeps things moving quickly for the entire Spring Mills community. Please let your child's teacher or the office know if you did not receive a sign and we will send them home with your child.
- When possible, please move your child's seat to the passenger side of the vehicle. Children should not be exiting out into traffic, but rather on the curb side.
- The school day ends at 4:08 pm. Please do not arrive before 4pm. DO NOT EXIT your vehicle from the circle to meet students.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
Sick Or Injured Children
If your child becomes sick or soiled after arriving at school, the office will call the parent or emergency contact person to come pick up your child. Your child will be removed from the classroom and must be picked up as soon as possible. Please consider carefully and plan how you will handle the possibility of your child needing to come home unexpectedly. In an emergency, the school will call EMS to transport the child to the hospital. It is very important to keep accurate and current phone numbers on file with your school for home, work and alternate emergency contact persons.