Extra! Extra! Read All About Us!
What's happening in Room 6?
All students will need a completely disposable lunch, water bottle, and snacks. Please write your child's name on his/her lunch bag. Depending on the weather, you may want to send your child into school with sunscreen, a hat, or sunglasses. If the weather is rainy, our field trip rain date is scheduled for Tuesday, May 17th. I will notify you by Monday, May 9th if we need to reschedule our field trip.
End of the School Year
- May 5th - Walnut Street Theater assembly
- May 6th - Muffins with Mom & Duct Tape Mrs. Baker to the wall
- May 9th - Art Mobile & Orchestra concert for the school
- May 10th - Field Trip
- May 13th - Race for Education
- May 19th - Final school store
- May 25th - SHARK assembly, First Grade performs for whole school
- May 27th - Field Day
- June 3rd - Sharks and Shades event
- June 7th - Fun in the Sun with our Reading Buddies
- June 10th - Talent Show
- June 14th - Awards Assembly, early dismissal at 12:45 pm LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
As you can see, we will be very busy! :)
Reading & Writing
Our next story is called A Southern Ranch. It is an expository text that we will read to again practice finding information. Your child will use the information they learn through the book to write their own story about life on a southern ranch. We will use adjectives, dialogue and organization to write our realistic stories.