6th Grade Transition Information
July 6, 2022
Lead Learner - July 6, 2022 Update
Happy Summer. Please see the supply list update for the 6th grade below.
A few Reminders:
- Please email us directly or call the office if you have any changes regarding your child's language choice or performance music. Ideally, we'd like to have these noted by July 15th.
Stay Well, and I look forward to connecting again soon.
Your Partner in Education,
Joy K. Wright
In this Newsletter
What you will find in this newsletter:
- 6th Grade School Supply List
- A Day in the Life Presentation recording w. slides
- Placement Feedback Form - What do you want us to know about your child?
- Parent/Caregiver Volunteer Opportunities
- Summer Reading information
- Virtual Orientation recorded video - rewatch at your pleasure.
- Grade 6 Special Education Transition Parent Presentation - For students with IEPs.
- Orientation Transition Newsletter - Take time to meet some of our staff.
- Mustang Store Link- Why wait till the fall to represent KP when you can order some "KP Merch" right now?
- Link to our school website - a wealth of information lives here.
A Day in the Life - June 10, 2022
If you have placement questions/requests, you are welcome to discuss these with your child's fifth-grade teacher. You can also contact the school principal or Erica Graff, the 6th-grade school counselor for the 2022-2023 school year. We would like for the transition to be as seamless as possible. We welcome your input to help us best meet the needs of your child and encourage you to reach out to us by June 17th. You can also complete the form linked here.
- Michael Leahy is the PTO president for next year and is looking for parent volunteers/helpers. You can reach him at email@example.com.
As I mentioned, in addition to the PTO, we'd love to have a parent EDI group at KP, and I need bulletin board creatives. And a KP Ski Club is welcome. If you are interested, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can set up a time to discuss further to get it up and running.
Virtual Orientation Video
A Glimpse of KP - Take a Virtual Tour of KP - Please use closed captions to support limited volume due to masks
6th Grade Special Education Orientation 2022
The Library Media Center
IMPORTANT DATES - subject to change
- KP Day in the Life for Parents/Caregivers -(Thursday - June 9 at 7:00 pm)
- Team Assignment Mailing (Mid-Aug)
- W.E.B Program 6th Grade Orientation (Monday-August 29th 8:00 am to Noon)
- Welcome Back Barbeque
Public act 16-189
We believe that it is vital for all students in West Hartford Public Schools to be able to efficiently and effectively use digital tools that empower them in all phases of the learning process, including research, problem solving, content creation, communication, and collaboration. We also believe that we must be committed at all times to protecting students' privacy and providing them with a powerful and safe educational experience. To that end, the West Hartford Public Schools follow the legal requirements of Public Act 16-189 to promote the safety and security of all students and staff.
In compliance with Connecticut State Law, we update online programs used within the district that house student data. The programs may be used district-wide, in a very small number of classrooms, or with individual students. The list will be updated each time the district enters into a new contract where student data is housed. For more information on the specifics of Public Act 16-189 and updates of vendor agreements, visit www.whps.org/pa189."