Lincoln Lions Update
February 22, 2021
SEL/Character Trait Focus for February
How can I be more calm, focused, and present?
"Whatever we believe about ourselves and our ability comes true for us."
-Susan L. Taylor, Journalist
5Essentials Survey is Here!
Each school year, teachers, parents, and students have an opportunity to share their views and perceptions about their school by participating in the 5Essentials Survey. 5Essentials survey information is a valuable tool used by your school to identify priority areas for improvement. As a parent, the 5Essentials survey is an opportunity to share your thoughts on the school's effectiveness.
The 5Essentials Survey will be administered online. The survey takes about 15 minutes to complete, is anonymous and asks questions about five areas that are related to important student outcomes, including improved attendance and learning. The five areas focused on are:
The survey is managed by the University of Chicago and the school does not have access to your identity or survey responses. The 5Essentials Survey window opens on February 2, 2021 and closes March 5, 2021. To take the survey please visit https://survey.5-essentials.org/Illinois/
From Our School Nurse
Changes Families Need to Know:
- Face coverings: Gators can be worn as face coveringsI
- international travelers older than 2 years of age will require proof of negative PCR test 3 days prior to return travel in order to board return air travel.
- It is recommended to get tested 3-5 days after travel AND stay home for 7 days after travel/If not tested, "It's safest to stay home for 10 days after travel".
- Extra Masks: Students should have 1-2 extra masks in their backpacks each day in case they get wet, lost, or break.
Vision and Hearing Screening Update:
Kindergarten vision and hearing have been completed. Grades 1-3 will be completed over the next couple of months.
Webpage for CCSD15 for Vision and Hearing information
Per the handbook:
Parents or legal guardians who object to screenings for their child on religious grounds may contact the school nurse for additional information.
CCSD15 50/50 Raffle is here!
As a Foundation, CCSD15 is very excited to be working towards long term goals of helping expand the Blessings in a Backpack program, supporting the district in the incredible upgrades planned for the LRC's, and supporting targeted programs such as Rainbows and Teacher Mini-Grants.
Please consider making a donation. Link is here.
Kindergarten Registration Is Now Open!
Registration for existing students will open March 15, 2021
COLD WEATHER/RECESS GUIDELINES
Please take a moment and review the District 15 Cold Weather Recess Guidelines. This information was taken directly from our District 15 website: https://www.ccsd15.net/Page/67
Students generally go outside for recess every day, so they should be dressed appropriately. In order to play in the snow, boots and snowpants are a must! Exceptions are made only when a child brings a doctor's note excusing him/her from outdoor recess.
Staff members provide outdoor supervision at all times.
Indoor recess is determined based on the following guidelines:
- If the temperature outside, together with the wind chill, is below 0°F, all students will remain inside for the entire lunch hour.
- If the temperature outside, together with the wind chill, is between 0°-10°F, the preferred procedure is a rotation of 20 minutes for lunch, a 20-minute outdoor recess, and a 20-minute indoor recess. However, at the principal's discretion, students may be kept inside for the entire lunch hour.
- If the temperature outside, together with the wind chill, is above 10°F, students will have regular outdoor recess.
- Other considerations in which indoor recess is allowed include the condition of the playground and the presence of precipitation.
For indoor recess, students are supervised in their classrooms.
Please reach out to our front office if your family needs assistance with winter clothing.
Lincoln Tech Happenings!
Parents should fill this out this form if there is an issue with a Chromebook and then someone from the school will reach out to them for support. If you are picking up a new Hot Spot, the old one needs to be brought back to school.
- Feb 22: A Drop-in Call for Parents Navigating the Pandemic on Zoom, 7-8 pm
- Feb 23: Kindergarten Dual Language Informational webinar (in Spanish), 6 pm
- Feb 24: Registration Webinar on Facebook Live (in English), 6:30-7:30 pm
- Feb 25: Registration Webinar on Facebook Live (in Spanish), 6:30-7:30 pm
- Feb 26: Report cards available on line for grades 1-6
- Mar 2: Multilingual Meeting for Parents of English Learners, 6:30-7:30pm Form is here to RSVP.
- Mar 3: Lincoln PTA Meeting 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm https://zoom.us/j/95289149320?pwd=VkJOdUt1UWxQL2xUTnU0R2pLZzlxQT09
- Mar 10: Board of Education meeting
- Mar 11: Picture Retakes 1:00 - 3pm and 4:30 - 6:30pm
- Mar 12: Teacher eLearning Plan Day—no student attendance
- Mar 15: Online Registration begins for existing students
- Mar 17: one-five Foundation 50/50 Raffle drawing
- Mar 22-26: Spring Break—no school
Thank You for Donating to Lincoln's Kindness Food Donation Drive!
Chromebook Issues? Parents should fill this out this form if there is an issue with a Chromebook and then someone from the school will reach out to them for support.
Click on the link above for Parent Universities, tech support, instructional information and more.