4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary School - Leander ISD
Week of February 8-12, 2016
What are we learning about this week?
- Greek and Latin roots
- Classifying triangles
- Measuring area & perimeter
- Finish expository essays
- Revise & edit with skills taught in rotations
- Dictionary skills
- Sitton Spelling Unit 19 - core words: heavy, carefully, follow, beautiful, everyone
- Slow changes to Earth's surface - weathering, erosion, and deposition
- Stephen F. Austin
- No homework
MATH - due by Sunday at 9 pm
- Complete our class challenge in SumDog! Answer 60 questions to fill your progress bar and win coins, playing the game(s) of your choice.
- Optional (strongly recommended for students who have not yet completed multiplication & division in Xtra Math): Complete at least three full sessions with Xtra Math.
SCIENCE - due Monday, February 15
- Look outside at the moon and complete your moon diary every night for 4 weeks starting Monday, January 18 and finishing on Sunday, February 14. This should take just a few minutes! Moon diaries were handed out in science class and should be in students' Homework tab of their take home binders, but you can print a new copy from the link below if needed.
Note: Please let us know if your child does not have access to an internet-connected device at home to complete online assignments so that we can come up with an alternate plan for your child.
Valentine's/Friendship Ice Cream Social This Friday - Bring in a Shoebox!
If students choose to bring valentines, we ask that they bring one for all students in their homeroom. See the link below for a list of names of students in each class. Please keep in mind that while we remember our first crushes fondly and all the butterflies and jitters that came with them, that any cards exchanged at school should be given in friendship only...and yes, this is the year we get to begin setting that expectation with our students :).
During the party, students will decorate shoeboxes to hold their valentines. Please send in a shoebox with your child's name on it between now and the day of the party. If you are able to send any extra shoeboxes you have, it would be greatly appreciated!
While you as parents are always welcome in our classroom, parking will be extremely challenging that afternoon with the majority of the class parties throughout the school happening about that time. Our time together will be more of a social/hangout time, rather than a programmed party atmosphere that requires multiple volunteers.
Thanks for your support with making this a fun afternoon for our students! We appreciate you!!
Science - Soil Properties and Weathering, Erosion, & Deposition
- Mulch Day in the garden at 9:30am (please sign up to help out)
- Carrot Cake to celebrate Ronald Reagan's Birthday ~10:30am
- PTA Member Meeting at 11am
The February PTA newsletter is out! Check it out below to see all the great things that are happening around our campus.
Also, every 1st, 3rd, & 5th Friday morning, between 7:15-7:40, our PTA sells the ever-popular spirit sticks for $1 each and spirit rings for $2 each outside the front doors of the school (if weather permits; immediately inside if not). These are upcoming sales dates: February 19, March 4, 18, April 1, 15, 29, and May 6, 20.
Parent Volunteers Needed!
White T-Shirts Due Friday 2/5
4th ANNUAL FACULTY FOLLIES SHOW - Saturday, February 20 @ 11am - VISTA RIDGE PAC
Classroom Supply Wish List
Mrs. Weltzin: Click to view my classroom wishlist on Amazon
Mrs. Eddy: Nothing at this time