SEES Weekly Bulletin
February 8 - 12
Monday, 2/8 report cards to admin (see directions below)
Tuesday, 2/9 5th Grade Math TOSA Co-Teaching Day
Wednesday, 2/10 Early Release Day: Staff Meeting
Thursday, 2/11 AR deadline for 2/19 Flag Salute
Thursday, 2/11 Taco Bar Thursday! See below to contribute
Friday, 2/12 No School - Presidents' Day (4 day weekend, y'all!)
Monday, 2/15 No School - George Washington's Birthday
Wednesday, 2/17 Early Release Day, Structured Teacher Collaboration Time 2:30pm
Wednesday, 2/17 SEES Book Club Meeting, 6:30pm Cafe Stoked. Chapter 1-3 of Mindset, the New Psychology of Success by Carol Dweck
Thursday, 2/18 Soaring Eagle Award: put 3 names on google doc, print awards and submit for signature
Thursday, 2/18 Math Night of the Century 5:30-7:30
Friday, 2/19 Flag Salute: Soaring Eagle Awards, AR awards, PE Awards
Friday, 2/19 Employee of the Year nominations due
End of Semester 1 Dates to Remember
Enterprise grades 2-5 assessment window: January 18-January 29
Fountas and Pinnell for grade 1 assessment window: January 18-January 29
Report cards due to admin: February 8 (see directions below)
Report cards go home: February 16
How to Send Illuminate Report Cards to Admin for Review - Thanks Dean!
- Go to the Grades tab on the top of your Illuminate screen
- Scroll down to “Printing & Print History”
- You should have some drop boxes to select your class information
- Grading Period -Report Card -Section/Course -Student Status
- After choosing the correct information in each of the above categories, hit “Select Students”
- A list of all of your students should appear. Make sure that there is a check mark next to all of the students to print (you can hit the select all button to check them all at once).
- Scroll to the bottom and hit the “Print” button (do not actually print).
- This will then create a PDF file of all your report cards. It should pop up at the bottom of your computer and have a name like “rc_815”, or something similar
- Open the PDF, and then save the PDF under your name. Ex. Faulkner Semester 1 Report Cards
- Now, you can send this file to admin to review your report cards without having to print them first.
- Need help? No Worries! Call Kathy, Jimmy, Dean, Christine, Laurie....
Thursday Taco Bar Lunch
In celebration of Valentines Day and the end of the first semester, our Social Committee is organizing a Taco Bar Lunch this Thursday, Feb. 11th. Please use the link below to sign up to bring an item.
Resources to Teach Close Reading during Black History Month: K-5
To celebrate Black History Month this February, bring videos, primary sources, articles and poetry into your classroom:
These collections includes primary sources and articles generously shared by The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History and videos shared by HISTORY®.
The ReadWorks Team
SEES Book Club: Mindset, the New Psychology of Success
6:30-7:30 Cafe Stoked
Wednesday 2/17: Chapter 1-3
Wednesday 3/2 Chapter 7
Wednesday 3/16 Chapter 8
New Character Trait for February
Tolerance and Acceptance
I will be tolerant, respectful and accepting of others who are different than me.
7 Habits: Seek First to Understand and then be Understood
Week 1: How can I be respectful in my classroom?
Week 2: How can I be respectful at the lunch tables?
Week 3: How can I be respectful on the playground?
Week 4: How can I be respectful during Flag Salute?
The Library will be closed:
Thursday January 28 Grade 5 Math PD
Monday February 1 GATE testing
Monday February 22 Grade 3 Math PD
March 1 or March 2 Book Fair Delivery before 9am (TBA)
Thursday March 3 Bookfair Setup
Friday March 4 Bookfair Setup
All Week March 7-11 Bookfair: No LibraryCheck out
Tuesday March 15 Grade 4 Math PD
Thursday March 24 Grade 2 Math PD
Thursday April 14 Grade 1 Math PD
Monday April 25 TK/K Math PD
Find a buddy class:
Prepare for Rainy Day Dismissal
Kindergarten families will walk directly to the classroom if it is raining during dismissal time.
Students in grades 1-5 need to know if their parents will drive up or walk to the classroom for pick up.
- We will open gates at 3:00pm for parents to walk onto campus and pick their child up directly from the classroom. Parents need to be prepared to give student name and teacher name to enter our campus.
- Drive up parents need to be prepared with their child's name, grade and teacher on a piece of paper. This expedites our pick process. Students being picked up at drive up will wait in the cafeteria.
- Any and all help with rainy day dismissal is SO appreciated.
Chromebook Cart February Sign up - now located in SEES Staff Website
Thanks Laurie! Go to our SEES Staff Website: https://sites.google.com/a/smusd.org/san-elijo-staff/
Go to the Technology tab
Click on your grade level group to reserve the chromebook cart.