Micaela H, Frances S, and Sydney S
Top 10 Health Benefits of Camping
2. SOCIALIZATION- on a camping trip you can bring along a friend or family member, because you two will experience things together that will help your relationship prosper.
3. IMPROVED MOODS- when spending time in the sun will even out your levels of melatonin in your brain. Melatonin is the chemical that makes you seem tired.
4. LESS STRESS- camping allows you to enjoy the outdoors which helps you forget your worries.
5. EXERCISE- on a long camping trip you will get tons of exercise, plus it is is so much funner than siting around the house.
6. SUNSHINE- during camping you are out in the suns direct light, when you do this your skin will take in a ton of Vitamin D, this will help absorb some calcium and phosphorous.
7. A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP- after a long trip you will head home and fall fast asleep.
8. GOOD FOOD- when in the outdoors you usually enjoy hunting and fishing as well. So, if you go fishing on your trip you will eat lots of proteins and healthy fats.
9. NEW CHALLENGES- during camping every time you go you get new experiences. Stats have shown that new experiences can help your brain keep healthy.
10. MEDITATION- when you go camping don't forget to turn off your cellular devices because stats show that if you are able to enjoy your surroundings without any distractions, your lifespan can expand.
Did you know?
Bears are attracted to duct tape!
Increase in camping!
In 2011 there was a 6.24% in tent camping and a 4.3% in overall visitation.
Tons of Campers!
Did you know that just last year there was about 40 million Americans participated in camping last year.
If you go camping, make sure to have fun! You may go all the time but each time is different! Make some memories!
When camping you can see beautiful scenery.
Every night you can have a nice, warm, campfire and roast marshmallows!