~ Liberty Elementary Family Newsletter ~
Week of March 29 - April 2, 2021
Welcome to Liberty's Latest, a newsletter to keep our families connected.
Our buildings may be closed to visitors and volunteers but that does not mean we do not need your input and support. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. The building may be closed to visitors, but my office is always open. I will make myself available to you at any time.
This year has been challenging and full of adjustments, for everyone. Your kids have been resilient and have adjusted to the changes COVID has brought. I am proud and inspired by their positive spirits. That is in large part to YOU. Thank you for being encouraging and supportive.
We appreciate all you do for our staff and our students.
With love (from a distance,)
Mrs. Koehler, Principal
Online Yearbook Purchases
- Monday, March 29 - Progress Reports Available in Ascender
- Thursday, April 1 - Bad Weather Make-up Day- Regular School Day
- Friday, April 2 - All Virtual Learning - NO In-Person Learning
- Tuesday, April 6 - 4th Grade STAAR Writing
- Friday, April 16 - End of5th Six Weeks
- Monday, April 19- School Board Meeting @6:30
- Friday, April 23 - Report Cards Available in Ascender (Parent Portal)
- Monday, April 26 - All Virtual Learning - NO In-Person Learning
- Monday, April 26- Kindergarten Round-up. Registration for 2021-2022 Kindergarten Students - at Liberty from 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 11 - 3rd and 4th Grade Math STAAR
- Wednesday, May 12 - 3rd and 4th Grade Reading STAAR
- Friday, May 14 - Progress Reports Available in Ascender
- Monday, May 17 - School Board Meeting @6:30
- Thursday, May 27 - Last Day, Early Release @11:45
- Final Report Card Available in Ascender
Enjoy Your Summer!
Liberty Spirit Night
Eat Mor Chikin! It is a Chick-fil-A Day - ALL Day on Thursday, April 8. Stop by the Chick-fil-A in Lake Worth and mention Liberty Elementary when you order. Portions of the proceeds will go to our PTO. See the Flyer for more information: Chick-fil-A
Don't Wait in Line for Morning Drop -Off! Use Either Lane!
Did you know there are 2 morning drop off lanes? It does not matter what grade your child is in, you may use whichever lane is shortest! WOW!! Game Changer No more tardies!
There are staff members at each location so use the lane that is shortest to prevent unnecessary tardies and traffic backup on Liberty School Rd.
The outside lane will bring you to the back of the school where the students enter the building, through the cafeteria. ONE LANE ONLY, EVEN AFTER YOUR CHILD GETS OUT OF THE CAR.
This is not the same for afternoon pick-up, ONLY morning drop-off.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE HORSESHOE DRIVE TO DROP OFF STUDENTS, UNLESS THEY ARE TARDY (AFTER 7:45.)
Thank you for your help!
Student Meal Accounts
ALL students are provided with FREE breakfast AND lunch. However, snack items can be purchased for a fee. You can add money directly to your child's meal account through the above website or through the app. You can also monitor how many snacks your child purchases and put restrictions on their accessibility.