CFES Trail Guide for Parents
Blazing the trail to excellence
Week of September 21st
Dear CFES Families,
As we launch into Week 3, I would like to celebrate our parents and teachers who are supporting our Cougars. Thank you for your encouragement, flexibility, grace and positivity with the teachers. It means so much as they are working harder and longer hours than ever before. Our teachers are rock stars and I could not be prouder of the way they stay committed to Creekside Forest with excellence and love for our students.
Very soon, TISD families will have an opportunity to change their children's learning method (Virtual or Face to Face) for the second quarter. If you are interested in changing your child's learning method, details about this process will be posted on TISD websites, social media and emailed to families. No action is required if you are not changing your child's learning method. Thank you for sharing your children with us and for trusting us with their education. As we continue to navigate through new waters with safety protocols on campus and technology protocols in Tomball Virtual School, thank you all for your patience and support. We will get through this! Please reach out if there is anything we can do to assist along the way.
Have a great week and please continue to take care of yourself and each other.
CFES Camp Director
Reminder to all students
Procedure Reminders for Face To Face Families
- If your child needs to have an early dismissal or leave school during the school day, you will need to park and come in to sign them out. Please remember everyone entering our building is required to wear a mask. It is always helpful if you send a note that morning so the teacher is aware.
- If your child is tardy (meaning they are not in their classroom prior to the 8:40 am bell). We kindly ask that you park and walk your child to the front door. Please ring the bell and let Mrs. Jenkins know that your child is tardy and you are dropping them off. Your child will get a tardy slip from the front office first and then report to class.
I know with all of the new safety guidelines for visitors on campus, there were some questions so please let us know if you need assistance.
Keeping our cougars safe
Purchase your Student Planners here
New Elementary School Hours
Face to Face students please make sure you make every effort to arrive on campus by 8:30 daily as we begin Call to Greatness in classrooms at 8:30.
- Become a member of PTO
- Sign up for a birthday marquee announcement (starts Sept 9th at 9am)
- Last chance to purchase 2019/2020 Yearbooks
The PTO offers a range of promotional opportunities to local businesses through Community Sponsorship. If you own a business and would like to gain exposure to the CFES community while supporting our school, there are a variety of sponsorship opportunities throughout the year. For more information, contact Shelley Brownrigg at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Map with arrival and dismissal locations CFES Arrival and Dismissal Map
- Student morning arrival: All students arriving by car should remain in their vehicle and pull up in the car rider drop off zones. Once the 8:10 bell rings, staff will be out to welcome you inside and help students. For safety and health reasons, only CFES students may exit their vehicle.
- Face to Face Health and Safety Guideline Remember that TISD Elementary Guidelines include no dropping off items for students once they have arrived at school and no birthday treats/items can be sent.
- CFES families, TISD has put safety precautions into place for a smooth transition for bus riders for our F2F students. Below is the link with parent suggestions as well as TISD bus driver safety precautions. For further questions, please contact Transportation at 281-357-3193. Important information for all families utilizing TISD bus services
Nurse Jennifer is accepting medications by appointment only due to our district’s current safety measures. Any prescription or over the counter medication will need to be dropped off. Please contact Nurse Jennifer by email at email@example.com to schedule an appointment for medication drop off. Please remember that all prescription medication must have a signed order from a physician to be administered at school. You can provide a MD signed action plan or they can sign the medication permission form. Links are included below for your convenience.
7 Chalk the Walk
8 Walk to School Day
13 General PTO meeting
14 Picture Day for Face to Face students
16 TISD Patriotic Show (Kyle Field in College Station)
19 Spirit Night at Craft Grill (all day) - Be sure to tell them you are with CFES and ask them to turn in your receipt so that CFES will get credit.