1st Grade at Bear Creek Elementary
Week 31: May 10 - 14, 2021
Happy Monday families!
Due to STAAR testing for grades 3-5 taking place Tuesday & Wednesday.
No small group will be held Wednesday from 11:25am-11:40am.
We will have a modified schedule, listed below.
8:10am - 8:40am - Morning Meeting
8:45am - 9:00am - Math Block
9:00am - 9:15am Math Q & A (Optional)
9:30am - 10:15am - Special Areas
10:20am - 10:40am ELAR Block
10:40am - 11:15 ELAR Q & A (Optional)
11:20am - 11:40am - WOW (Optional)
11:45am - 12:05 Imagine Learning
12:10pm - 12:40 - Lunch
12:40pm - 1:10pm - Recess
1:15pm - 2:00pm Big Ideas
2:00pm - 2:30pm - BLAST
Our ABC Countdown continues! :)
Letter I: Monday - I Can't Believe We're Doing This!
Letter J: Tuesday - Joke Day Bring a joke to tell the class.
Letter K: Wednesday - Kaleidoscope, any size empty clear plastic water bottle with a lid.
Donations needed for before Wednesday:
Glitter, sequence, white cardstock, Orbeez & regular size balloons.
Letter L: Thursday - Lazy Day Bring a pillow & lovey.
Letter M: Friday - Music Day (Students can share a video of them playing an instrument).
Donations needed before Friday:Shoe boxes, empty Kleenex boxes, uncooked beans, or rice and cheap paper plates.
Our learning goals for the week:
- I can use my knowledge of the relationship of addition and subtraction to solve subtraction facts I do not know.
- I can use manipulatives to represent numbers greater than 120.
- I can use my knowledge of place value to find numbers that are 10 more and 10 less than a given number.
- I can read and write with diphthongs ou, ow, oy, and oi.
- I can spell and write words with the (ow) sound using ou and ow and the (oy) sound using oi and oy.
- I can manipulate sounds in words.
- I can read and write high frequency words: review: answer, point, right, voice, walk, watch, where, write.
- I can read and write with quotations.
- I can explain what an inventor does.
- I can list ways that inventions help society.
Please reach out with any questions. We're always happy to help!
Have a great week.
- The First Grade Team
Miss Barbosa: email@example.com
Mrs. Preston: firstname.lastname@example.org