Google Blogger Accounts!
Google accounts (teacher & students) come with Blogger!
Try blogger for personal and professional blogging. The directions below are for students, but they are basically the same for teachers.
Quick Start Directions:
- You will need to be logged into your school-provided Google student (or teacher) account.
- Search for "blogger.com."
- It will probably ask you to re-enter your Google password. Do that.
- It will then give you a choice between a Google+ Profile or a Blogger profile. Choose the Blogger Profile. (Create a limited Blogger profile.)
- The next screen will have title, address, template, and CREATE BLOG! Make school-appropriate choices for the title and address. It may take a few different tries on the address to get one that isn't already taken.
- The next pop up will be "domain name" and you should click on NO THANKS.
- Then click, NEW BLOG and you should get to a dashboard.
- Click on the NEW POST on the top left and start writing your entries!
- You can play with how it all looks later, but it is a good idea to get all of your posts in there first.
Teacher vs. Student Blogs
Student blogs are also great places for students to authentically publish their writing to a larger audience. They can give each other feedback, and they can share their blog link with parents, too.