October 20, 2020
Q&A Session with Mrs. Wilson and Ms. Goggins
Friday, Oct. 23rd, 6pm
Please join us for a Q&A Session with Mrs. Wilson regarding the return to school.
Meet link: meet.google.com/orz-eorv-owx
Feel free to submit questions ahead of time to this Google Form: https://forms.gle/D4k6c4Wrwnth53Zg8
We will do our best to answer all questions!
Stay tuned for a Back to School Infomercial being sent tomorrow to all families!
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
From the Student Services Team...
Our Student Services team would like to understand the physical and mental health needs of all our students and families. Please complete this survey in English so we know how best we may help.
Nuestro equipo de servicios estudantiles le gustaría comprender las necesidades de salud física y mental de todos nuestros estudiantes y familias. Complete esta encuesta en español para que sepamos cuál es la mejor manera de ayudar.
West Lake families are well known for taking care of everyone in our community. Each year, we try to ensure each of our students experiences some Holiday Cheer. If you are able to sponsor a child through our Holiday Cheer program, please sign up here. We will accept sponsors through Friday, November 6th. Thank you for helping spread Holiday Cheer!
Virtual Academy Registration window
West Lake Middle School Students
Social Distancing Guidelines
Some interesting information about the HVAC systems in schools:
- All systems are designed in accordance with ASHRAE (an industry standards organization) and North Carolina codes and recommendations.
- Outside air is circulated into every unit.
- Units are designed for 4-6 air exchanges per hour.
- Systems are monitored and controlled automatically and are turned on one hour before bell time, and off one hour after bell time, unless special events are occurring.
- Filters are changed quarterly.
Water Fountain Update
Students are recommended to bring their own bottled water and/or reusable water bottles to minimize use and touching of water fountains. All water bottles should be clearly labeled with the user’s name. It is the user’s responsibility to keep track of their water bottle and take it home for regular cleaning.
If someone wants water and does not have a water bottle, they may ask a staff member to provide a cup to get water from the water fountain and drink from the cup.
As a high touch surface, water fountains should be cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout the school day, following WCPSS cleaning guidelines.
North Carolina requires a face covering of your choice for \school staff, adult visitors, and K-12 students at all times, including:
- inside school buildings and anywhere on school grounds, including outside, unless you are by yourself in an enclosed room with the door shut
- while traveling on buses, vendor transportation, or other WCPSS vehicles
- all WCPSS work sites
- even when 6 feet or more apart from other individuals
Employees may give students a face-covering break if they can meet all of the following conditions:
- Outside only
- Spaced 8-10 feet from all other individuals, including employees
- Students should remain stationary in the same space
- Students should all face the same direction