Week of June 5 - 9
Attendance matters from the first day of school until the last!
PES serves our community by preparing all students in a safe and nurturing environment to be critical thinkers, productive citizens and thrivers with admirable character.
DIFFERENT School Hours ~ LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL ~ JUNE 5 - 9
8:50 - 3:15 ~ Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday grades 1 - 5
8:50 - 12:55 ~ Early Bird Kindergarten (M, T, W)
10:25 - 2:30 ~ Late Bird Kindergarten (M,T, W)
8:50 - 12:55 ~ ALL GRADES ON THURSDAY, 6/8 AND FRIDAY, 6/9
IN THIS ISSUE~
- Bring these Items to School Each Day!
- Important Dates
- Lost & Found
- 5th Grade Device Return
- Device Insurance
- Annual Update ~ IMPORTANT - REQUIRED
- Will PES See You Next Year?
- Parent Input for 23-24
- Yearbook Order
- HOT = Here on Time
- TK/K Pre-Enrollment - OPEN NOW
- Reminder - No Pets Allowed on Campus
- Safety at Arrival and Dismissal
Students need the following items EACH DAY!
Lost and Found
5th Grade Device Return
Proposed Curriculum Available for Review
The community feedback form for history social science has been re-opened.
TVUSD engages in an ongoing cycle of reviewing our curriculums to ensure that they continue to align with our district goals, current learning standards, teaching practices, and the rapidly changing associated technologies. This year we created a team of teachers from every grade level, at every school site, to review and pilot new history social science curriculums. This pilot team had the opportunity to review the updated History Social Science Framework (adopted in 2016), and The Fair Education Act (adopted in 2012). They also received presentations from 4 publishers on the California Department of Education’s approved curriculum list prior to selecting TCI and Studies Weekly as the two curriculums TVUSD would pilot. After piloting each curriculum for 9 weeks, our pilot team reconvened to make a collaborative recommendation to the school board for adoption approval.
As a parent or guardian of an elementary school student, we are interested in your feedback. Both of these curriculums are also available at our school site.
If you would like to come review both curriculums, please note that we will ask you to sign-in through our Raptor system, and we will ask you to complete a Google Form following your review of the instructional materials. Your input will be collected and used as part of the process in selecting the best curriculum to support history social science standards for TVUSD elementary students.
Will PES See You Next Year?
If you know your family will be returning to Paloma Elementary for the 2023-2024 school year then you do NOT need to complete this form.
However, if you know that your family will not be returning to Paloma Elementary next year, please take a moment to share some important information with us to help us plan for the transition.
Parent Input for 23.24
Parents of students in TK - 4th grade: If you would like to share the type of environment that you feel would be best for your child's educational success next school year, please click the button below to share those insights. If you have more than one child attending PES, please complete a separate form for each of them.
Keep Reading and Learning ALL SUMMER LONG!
Although the deadline to order a yearbook and have it delivered to school by the end of this school year has passed, you may still order one to be delivered to your home. It can only be ordered online https://tr5.treering.com/create-account/1016572934984351?PassCode=1016572934984351
HOT = Here On Time
We have started a new recognition program for our classes that have ALL of their students to school ON TIME each week.
Classes that have had perfect ON TIME arrivals for the previous week will be recognized at Wednesday Flag. Additionally, every class that was 100% ON TIME for the previous week will be entered into drawing for a chance to go to lunch 5 minutes early for the week!
Looking forward to celebrating our ON TIME classes!!
This week our HOT classes were: Mrs. Fortugno, Mrs. Meyers, Mrs. Mason, Mrs. Plunkett, Mrs. Armstrong, Mrs. Orzechowski, and Mrs. Culp.
Great job being HERE ON TIME every day for the last week!!
TK/K Pre-Enrollment - OPEN NOW
TVUSD ONLINE Pre-Enrollment for TK and K
All incoming TK/K families must submit an online pre-enrollment form, including students transition from TVUSD preschool. ALL required documentation must be submitted electronically to complete your student's TK/K pre-enrollment. ONLY pre-enrollments that have been satisfactorily completed will be processed by a Centralized Enrollment Technician.
Please spread the word! If you know of a family that has students that are TK or K age, please let them know about this important pre-enrollment process. Thank you!
Paloma Panthers are THRIVERS!
For the past two school years, we have been focusing on the 7 thriver traits from Michele Borba's book, Thrivers. These 7 teachable skills: Self- Confidence, Empathy, Self-Control, Integrity, Curiosity, Perseverance and Optimism, set happy, healthy , high performing kids apart.
In the two years that we have teaching these traits, we have noticed some wonderful things happening here at school that we would like to share a few of those things with you.
First of all, the students here at Paloma use the traits as a part of their vocabulary and know what they mean. It is wonderful to have this common vocaburlary all across campus. Ask your child what one of the traits means and I bet you will be surprised to know that they will know what it means and can probably give you an example of what it looks like.
Also, not only do the student know what the words mean, but they are living it everyday. All across campus, we see happy, self confident students who are not only curious to learn, but they also persevere. They have grit and as a result have learned how to do many difficult things this year. They also have integrity, which means they do the right thing even when no one is looking and they are empathetic. You will regularly find students on our campus helping classmates who are struggling.
For these reasons and so many more, we are so very proud of our Paloma Panthers! Please continue to nurture these traits over the summer and we can't to see more of LEARN, GROW and THRIVE next year.
Safety at Arrival and Dismissal
Let's keep all Panthers safe at school!
When using the loop to pick up or drop off your child by car, PLEASE.....
- Only park in appropriate areas. The pick up loop can be a very busy place, especially on modified days. However, it is important to remember to only park in designated parking spaces. Please do not park along curbs that are painted red or in handicap spots unless you have a handicap placard. If there is not parking available when you arrive, you will need to park on the street and walk to meet your child or join the pick up loop. If you are parked in these areas, you will be asked to move.
- Always use the crosswalks.
- Do not use the parking lot as an additional pick-up line. This blocks access to parking spaces, including handicap spots. If there is not an open parking spot, please pull through and go around again to look for an opening or join the loop pick up line.
- Stay in your car when using the loop. If your child needs assistance entering or exiting the car, please park in the lot and walk them to their gate.
- Move all the way forward as directed by the school staff.
- In the morning, do not wait until your child reaches the gate to pull away. Staying in the loop and watching your child walk in through the gate, slows the flow of traffic. If you would like to watch your child enter the gate, please park your car and walk your child.
- At dismissal, do not stop in the loop and wait for your child to come your direction, instead pull up when there is space to pull forward. Pull all the way forward and continue to move forward with the traffic. Your child will walk down towards you.
We appreciate your continued cooperation and patience.