Blending, Creaming & Biscuit Method
Blending Method (Muffin Method)
- Sift together or mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat all liquid ingredients in a small until they are well blended.
- Pour the liquid mixture into dry ingredients. Mix just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. The batter will be lumpy.
- Fold in such ingredients as chopped nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, blueberries, etc.
- Sift dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Combine solid fat and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and blend well.
- Add flour and liquid ingredients alternately until batter is smooth.
- Sift all dry ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Cut the fat into the dry ingredients-need fat in small pieces-use a pastry blender.
- Whisk liquid ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add liquid to dry and mix lightly. Be careful not to over mix.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and knead lightly (5-10 times)
- Roll dough out and cut with biscuit cutter.