April 20, 2018
On the Calendar
Archery Club- 4th Grade Group 1
Sign Language Club
Kindergarten Field Trip
Archery Club Group-4th Grade Group 2
Wednesday- Snack Cart
Running Club Grades 2-3
Thursday- Whittier PTA Potbelly Night
4th Grade Intramurals
Choir for Grades 4 & 5
Arbor Day- Wear Tree Inspired Clothing!
Let's Build it Engineering Club
Grade 5 Intramurals
Bookfair and Book Movie Night 5:30-8:00 pm
Drop off and Pick Up
* When dropping off for school please drive slowly in the parking lot. We want everyone to make it into the building safely!
* Please plan to drop off before 7:30 am each day. Classrooms start learning right away in the morning!
* The gate to the south playground/pick up area opens at 2:10 pm.
* Please do not park on Cooper Road waiting for the gates to open. There are no parking signs on this area of Cooper Road. Students are dismissed at 2:20 pm for pickup.
* As the weather is getting nicer, just a reminder that the playground is closed during pick up (2:15-2:30). We have quite a few families that pick up at the end of the day. We do need parking spaces to stay open for others to enter the lot and pick up their children. Once dismissal is complete (generally after 2:30) families may return and use the playground.
Join the Color Run!
Invite all of your friends, neighbors, relatives, and community members!
What is included? Runners/walkers will follow the course and have color powder doused on them as they pass checkpoints. It is messy and a great time! We will also have a huge end of the race color throw for those who purchase their own color packets. Included in the price of a ticket is a hot dog dinner and drink. There will also be a raffle for fabulous prizes! (Be sure to bring extra money for the raffle!)
Whittier Color Run T-Shirts are available for purchase prior to the event.
Be sure to order yours in advance!
5:30 pm- Race Check in Begins- Raffle Tickets on Sale
6:00 pm- Race Starts!
7:00 pm- Group Color Throw- Dinner - Raffle Sales Continue
8:00 pm- Raffle Drawing
Be sure to purchase your race wristbands in advance. Only a limited number of race wristbands will be available on race day. (We need to make sure we have enough supplies and dinner for everyone!)
* Race Tickets $10.00 per person or $40.00 per family (includes race and dinner).
* Dinner only option includes hot dog, chips, cookie, bottle of water @ $3.00
* Number of color packets for crowd color throw at conclusion of race. $ 2.00 per packet
* Whittier Color-Run T-Shirt @ 10.00 per shirt - includes color packet for each t-shirt ordered!
Sign up forms were sent home in the Thursday Folders. They are also available on our website at http://whittier.kusd.edu/parent-involvement/whittier-backpack-notes/
Registration- Be sure to get signed up!!!
1. 4K/5K Registration for 2018-2019 - http://www.kusd.edu/registration.
2. ALL STUDENTS- We need all families need to register for next school year. Our goal is to have all families registered for next year before the end of this year. Please take a moment and go online to complete your child's registration for next year. http://www.kusd.edu/registration.
3. Summer School- Summer school registration is now open for boundary students. Registration ends May 11th. If you would like to register your child for summer school just click here http://www.kusd.edu/departments/summer-opportunities/elementary-summer-school .
5th Grade Chili's Month
Drop Off Begins at 7:15 AM
Mon-Thur 7:25 AM - 2:25 PM
Friday Dismissal 11:21 AM
6:55 – 7:25 a.m in MPR
7:00 AM - 3:30 PM