Newsletter for March 25-April 7, 2019
New Newsletter Format
Week of 3-25-19 and 4-1-19
- March 25-28- 3rd & 4th Grade Reading & Math Assessments
- March 25- Dress rehearsals for Talent Show immediately after school
- March 26- Bear Bytes at BMS, 6-7:30 pm- Please sign in at the North table
- March 28- North Talent Show, 6-7:30 pm
- March 29- 3rd Nine Week Honor Roll and Attendance Parties
- April 2- FREE Special Dress Day- Inside Out/Backwards/Mismatch Day
- April 5- PK Fieldtrip to the Zoo
STEAM Education in Action
Learning About Gravity and Pendulums in Art
3rd Grade Using the Design Process Through Toy Research and Invention
4th Grade Engineers Water Filter Systems During STEAM Unit
3rd and 4th Grade Benchmark Assessment Information
Important Information Regarding Upcoming Math and Reading Benchmarks
Our 3rd and 4th grade students will be taking full-length benchmark assessments for Math and Reading on the following dates:
Monday, March 25th - 4th Grade Reading Tuesday, March 26th - 3rd Grade Reading
Wednesday, March 27th- 4th Grade Math Thursday, March 28th - 3rd Grade Math
These assessments will cover instructional material that has been taught this year as well as diagnostic material that will be taught before the STAAR exams in May.
These assessments are very important in helping us assess your child’s knowledge and skills and plan the most appropriate lessons for the remainder of the school year.
We use the data to ensure we are providing the additional help and supports your child needs to be successful.
We visited with your child about setting goals, the campus incentives, parties, and rewards that are available as each child reaches his or her goals. Ask your child to share this information with you.
Please help us ensure that your child is prepared by supporting school attendance, studying at home, and encouraging your child to do his or her best at school. Students benefit from a good night's sleep and a healthy breakfast.
We are excited to see the growth your child is making!!!
Thank you! Connie Bitters, Principal
Lunchtimes will change and vary on these days, so it is not advisable to have lunch with your student this week.
- Students that arrive after 7:40 am must be signed in by a parent or guardian in the front office.
- Please join us on Facebook to see the many pictures we post each week of the learning and activities our students have going on.
- Attendance is very important for your child's success. Please make sure your child is here on time each day.
- Parent communication and involvement is important to us. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact your child's teacher for a conference.
A Note from the Principal
Thank you to everyone that came out to our 2nd Annual Color Run and enjoyed the beautiful weather with us. We love to visit with our families during our evening events. We are blessed to have such amazing support from you through our PTO, Watch DOGS, and parent volunteer programs. You are truly appreciated!
I'd also like to thank you for your continued support as we journey through the year. We are so happy that you have chosen us for your child's education. We believe that educating children is a partnership between the school and the families we serve. We value your participation at our school events and also appreciate your input with ideas and suggestions as to how we can improve. We have a comment box in our front office and an anonymous customer service survey form on our North Elementary website, if you would like to give any feedback. We would also be happy to visit with you in person. Your child's success is our most important priority. Thank you for sharing your child with us each day.
Mrs. Bitters, Principal
Front Office Staff
Kindergarten- 4th Grade
Doors Open: 7:00 am
Breakfast: 7:00-7:25 am
First Bell: 7:30 am
TARDY BELL: 7:40 am
Dismissal: 3:00 pm
AM Pre-K: 7:30-11:15 am
PM Pre-K: 11:15 am- 3:00 pm
Sign up here to receive notifications important and emergency notifications from the principal.