Ms. Foster's Class News
September 28, 2015
Fairmount - Where Effort Leads to Excellence.
* We will be going to Jefferson City on either November 17th or 19th. Please consider joining us for the day. Any parent going on the trip, must have been cleared to be a parent volunteer. Call Jaclyn at 851.4474 if you are interested. Details about the trip can be found on the Grade Level Newsletter. See below.
* As a class, we are very talkative, I will continue to address this. Please talk with your child about the importance of being respectful t others while they are speaking.
* Please realize that students will lose their recess if they do not turn in work when it is due.
* Please remember to sign your child's planner and look at their PRIDE grade each evening!
Intervention and Extensions
- Last week we started having Interventions and Extensions from 8:30 - 9:00. During Reading Intervention, some students will leave our classroom and go to another 4th Grade Teacher or a Reading Specialist. That teacher will provide small group instruction based on the students' reading needs. The groups meet on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- On Wednesday mornings from 8:30 - 9:00, some students will go to Extensions. The activities will allow the students to "extend" their thinking in Math.
- On Thursdays, at 12:00, some students will participate in a Literature Discussion Group with Mrs. Booth.
- All Intervention and Extension groups have already been formed. Students were selected based their AImsweb testing, Reading Level and Running Records.
To receive messages via text, text @4falcons to 81010
Writing: In writing, we are writing starting our report on a animal . Students will be composing their rough draft in Google Docs. Feel free to look at your child work and help edit.
Spelling: We will start with List 6, Vowel Team - /eigh/igh/. Test is on Friday
Math: In Math, we are starting our topic on patterns. The test is tentatively October 7th . The Topic 2 study guide and vocabulary words were sent home. Copies of the study guide can be found on our website.
There will be a facts quiz over Multiplication and Division facts (6s) on Friday.
- The Topic 2 Math Study Guide is due October 7th.
- The September Reading Calendar is due September 30. Reading Calendars can be found on the class website.
- Copies of the Topic Study Guide are on our class website so you can download extra copies as needed. Check out the Math link.
- Students will be using their Google Accounts. Their email address will be: first name initial, last name, last 3 digits of student number @ g,fhsdschools.org
- ex. sfoster456@g,fhsdschools.org The password is: fh student number ex. fh123456
- Students do not have email accounts. The email is used just for a username.
Our class website is:
Use your child's google account to sign in.
Here you will find links to websites that we will be using, copies of Math Topic Study Guides and extra Reading Calendars and other important information.